3. Symphony of the Seas
My husband and I were on our honeymoon. We wanted to do a Mediterranean cruise as neither of have ever even been on a cruise before. I didn’t know what to expect. I have to say, I had so much fun and enjoyed almost everything! The ship is so breathtakingly huge and beautiful, it’s hard to not be taken back by it. It was clean and I loved the style and color scheme. Boarding the ship in Barcelona was a breeze for us. We were on the ship in probably 10 minutes. We had small luggage so we just took them to our room ourselves. When we first got on the ship, we were greeted with a free glass of champagne and it just looked and sounded like a party. So we went to drop the bags in the room so we could join in the fun. Our room was great. Clean, amazing ocean view with a balcony. I loved how we could be on the balcony and feel like we had total privacy. I never heard anything come from other guests in either of the cabins next to us. The bed was surprisingly comfortable and the bathroom was pretty basic. So we decided to get the ultimate drink package because we both enjoy having some drinks and based on my many years in the bar industry, I had a fairly good idea on about how much drinks would cost. Honestly, if you think you could/will drink at least 6 total alcoholic drinks for the whole day, You really need the ultimate drink package. If you figure per day, the package costs $60 (maybe $50, if you buy it before going on your cruise). The average cost for a beer or wine is $8 or $9 and without the package, you would still need to tip. With the package you get any drink that is up to $13 and gratuity is already included with it. It was drinking Grey Goose mostly but I never ran into a drink that went over that $13 limit. Our food experience on the ship had its good points and some not great points. I wasn’t blown away by anything but nothing was awful. The Mexican restaurant was probably my favorite. My biggest complaint would be the hours of operation for the bars and restaurants. Only Sorrento’s would have food late and it was probably my least favorite out of all of them. And unless your going to order a mimosa from room service, you won’t get that until the bar by the pool opens at 10 (don’t judge, I was on my honeymoon

Amazing First Time Cruise!!

Symphony of the Seas Cruise Review by Cdurkee