Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Matriarch Travelor
- Sail Date: June 2018
- Destination: Canada & New England
This is the 5th RC cruise I've taken. I'm very disappointed in the problem resolution. We had two substantial problems with our cabins (we had 5 cabins) Rooms that were to be adjoining (3 and 6 year olds in one and parents in the other) were not adjoining. And they cleaned the carpet in a cabin and closed the door, so the carpet was wet and started to mildew by the time we were allowed into our cabins. They finally replaced the carpet on the fourth day! We reported the problems before we left the first dock and they weren't resolved until the fourth day (out of a 7-day cruise). The staff never contacted us, we had to go to the service desk several times a day to keep them working on a resolution.
My cabin was nice, clean and spacious. The ship nickle and dimes on costs, although I chose not to buy sodas, wine, spa treatments, ship tours, etc.
1. The sushi-making class was worth the cost, fun and tasted great.
2. Halifax - Don't take the Wine, Sea and Orchard (or whatever it was called) excursion. It was five hours on a bus out of 7-hour tour. We stayed on the bus to see the orchard and sea from the road! It is not good for kids. The tour guide actually told us not to ask her questions.
Halifax - Do take the Hop-on Hop-off bus but get your tickets directly from the bus at the port. It'll save you a lot of money.
3. Bar Harbor - The Acadia 2.5 tour was beautiful and well guided. Whale watching was cancelled because of fog.
4. Saint John - Nothing much there except hiking to the falls.
The food was average to very good. The beef offerings were very good, as were most of the menu items at dinner.
The entertainment was also good.
I doubt if I will travel on Royal Caribbean again.
- Read more Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas Review
250,000+ people have entered their email
There were only two outlets, none in the bathroom. It needed a nightlight.
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Bayonne (Cape Liberty)Stayed at the Fairfield Inn which was convenient ($25 Lyft ride to port) but has nothing around it. It offers a free shuttle to the airport, and another free shuttle to Spanish Tavern which is a good place to eat (servings are huge, split your dinners).View All 713 Bayonne (Cape Liberty) Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Bayonne (Cape Liberty) Cruise Port Review
HalifaxThis was advertised as a family-friendly tour. It wasn't. Seven-hour tour with five hours in the bus. Driver got lost. Guide told us not to ask any questions. We saw orchard and sea from inside the bus, we didn't even get off. It is expensive, doesn't include lunch, and is a waste of time and money.View All 12,278 Halifax Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Halifax Cruise Port Review
Duck TourI don't know if Royal Caribbean vets the guides. We booked directly with the company which was 33% cheaper. I guess it depends on the guide. Ours was boring, and monotone. There was little to see in Portland via the Duck Boat. We had preschoolers who couldn't see out the windows anyway.View All 2 Duck Tour Reviews