JUN 25-3 JUL 19 YOKOHAMA JAPAN
20 OUT OF 45 CABINS WERE REPORTED TO BE UNFIT FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS:
1. Broken a/c's in 20 of the rooms the entire trip. The temperature in the rooms reached highs of 24 degrres celsius.
2. Kids on the cruise had to be put to sleep on the 5th floor of the ship every night before bringing them to the room due to the extreme heat.
3. Adults on the cruise had to sleep with balcony and main entrance doors open due to the extreme heat. A few passengers with medical conditions expressed their lack of ability to breathe.
4. In the afternoon hours, passengers had to vacate their cabins (even if they wanted to rest) due to the heat.
5. The a/c in the international dining hall did not work the entire trip.
NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE WITH THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DIRECTOR
1. WHEN I ATTEMPTED TO NOTIFY THE DIRECTOR, I WAS TOLD THAT "I SHOULD NOT EXPECT MY CABIN A/C TO BE LIKE MY HOME A/C."
2. I was also told that due to the size of the ship, the "a/c would not flow to all areas of the ship." he was then informed that this was my 10th cruise and that i have never had this experience or information provided to me.
3 one of the passengers who suffers from a medical condition called the customer service representative to inform them of his lack of ability to sleep. When the technician arrived, he began to argue with the passenger telling him that 22.9 degrees celsius was the best that he could do. He also told the passenger that the room was hot because of him, not the broken a/c. THE FOLLOWING DAY, THE ILL PASSENGER WAS CALLED INTO THE DIRECTOR'S OFFICE AND TOLD THAT, "THE TECHNICIAN DID NOT SHOW FOR WORK BECAUSE OF HIM!"
SEVERAL REFRIGERATORS IN THE CABINS DID NOT WORKAT
1. Passesngers that required medications to be refigerated were not accomodated after informing the staff that their refrigerators did not work.
2. Passengers were given ice buckets to use to keep their medications at the appropriate temperatures. However, medications are more effective when stored in the refrigertor (at best temperatures).
I am very dissapointed with my overall experience with princess cruise line especially since i was traveling on my yearly vacation with my family group (total of 112 passengers).
Food is very avg same menu on deck 14 nothing change for breakfast or lunch.
A/c issued will never fix until jan 2019 when ship will go to singapore until then they will give this run a round to all passenger.
Cabin out dated need work. When its old you can clean only so much.
Never used balcony because a/c in this cabin work on and off.