3. Viking Egil
So many people have asked me what I liked best about our Danube River cruise, and I respond the variety of experiences made available by Viking. We got to visit small towns and large cities, explore magnificent cathedrals and humble churches, linger over extravagant meals and linger even longer over simply delicious cups of hot chocolate. Never was there a boring day because Viking thoughtfully planned for, allowed for variety in excursions and free time. So the ports of call were the visual highlights of the trip, and the Viking crew was the pleasant auditory component. From Oliver’s witty pre-dinner evening talks to guides’ riveting commentaries to waiters’ attention to detail and engaging personal conversation, there was always something going on to keep your attention and wondering what joys lay ahead. The only suggestion for improvement that I think Viking could consider is installing more soundproofing materials in the dining room. Conversation was difficult during the dinner hours. Thanks for a dream journey down the Danube.

Dream Journey

Viking Egil Cruise Review by K. Phares

• Sail Date: April 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

Thanks for a dream journey down the Danube.
K. Phares’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Egil price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 229
We were blessed with the most thoughtful housekeeper.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins