3. Avalon Illumination
I chose this cruise because Diana Gabaldon was going to be featured. I’d been interested in a River Cruise but with the added bonus of my favorite author meant I had to go on this trip. It truly was an experience of a lifetime. It went beyond my expectations. The food was great and the staff friendly and helpful. Historically interesting sites, beautiful scenery and knowledgeable guides really added to the enjoyment. There were plenty of excursion options so while it made choosing one difficult at times, it meant there was something for everyone. The events with Diana Gabaldon were well organized and thoughtfully planned. These were particularly enjoyable for us fans. Diana herself was very gracious and approachable. Sharing a meal with her and her husband was one of the highlights. My husband especially liked the lightning over Vienna but we really can’t credit Avalon for that! Overall, the cruise gave us memories that will last our whole lives.

Outlander Danube Cruise

Avalon Illumination Cruise Review by egardiner90

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Panorama Suite with French Balcony

Overall, the cruise gave us memories that will last our whole lives.
egardiner90’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Illumination price drops

Panorama Suite with French Balcony
Cabin A 230
Surprisingly roomy and very comfortable.
Sapphire Deck Suite Cabins