3. Viking Gefjon
My partner was a "newbie" and not sure that he would like a cruise. So, our friends and I suggested a Viking River Cruise and it proved to be an excellent introduction to the cruising experience. The cruise itself is a premium experience. We sailed from Budapest to Amsterdam and everything conspired to make it a memorable trip, including the weather. The cities along the route were all interesting and the included excursions were well-passed and staffed by locals who knew their locations intimately. The ship was top-notch, with excellent dining choices and pleasant on-board entertainment. One highlight was the cruise through the Wachau Valley of the Rhine where, for 4.5 hours, we sailed past many river towns and hilltop fortresses and castles with a delightful intermittent commentary by the program director. My partner is now ready to try a sea cruise, though he still wants to stay close to land. So, we're considering a North Sea cruise.

Just What We Wanted

WolfRaven’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Gefjon price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 319
The cabin was typical: a place to store our stuff and for us to sleep. The bath was a good size and well-equiped. The veranda was small, but adequate for two people to sit and enjoy the passing scenery. The bed was comfortable and the lighting offered lots of choices.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins