3. Ruby Princess
We chose this cruise because of the itinerary and several of us had not used Princess before. Overall we had a nice time! The service overall was decent. It ranged from phenomenal to comically bad. The servers in the Club Class dining area were attentive but sometimes communication between them was lacking. Nothing that can't be overlooked. I did find it odd that when I requested chicken for a salad that I was told "No, its not offered" when the day before they said it was always available. The food for a cruise was above average and I was pleasantly surprised. I recommend asking what the servers what is best and trust them. The worst was the bar service in Club Fusion. You were either ignored or made to feel like an inconvenience, even for a bottle of water. Moving on... We had an owners suite at the Aft corner of deck 12. The decor was dated, but the room had a lot of usable space and a lot of storage. We used our balcony a lot so it was totally worth booking. On Glacier Bay day we had breakfast delivered and at the table on the balcony. It was such a treat! The table seats 4 so my mother and aunt joined us and we had plenty of room. The medical emergency did put a damper on our day in Juneau. We saw the Canadian Coast Guard come pick up the man from our ship. We totally understand these things happen. Although we were late getting in, my husband found a private whale watching excursion and got us booked totally saving the day! If I could change the itinerary I would extend the day in Ketchikan and totally cut out Victoria. While Victoria is a beautiful city, we really just wanted to see more of Alaska. Ketchikan seemed like an interesting port, but we only had a few hours there and would have liked more.

Enjoyable Trip to Alaska

anigrl677’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Owner's Suite with Balcony
Cabin S2 A753
The cabin was huge with a lot of storage. The balcony had a table that sat 4, and 2 loungers. It's the aft corner on deck 12 and you can see what's on either shore when you're cruising fjords. The balcony is also very quiet and private as opposed to the balconies on the sides of the ship.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins