3. Celebrity Silhouette
We chose this trip as it allowed 3 days in St Petersburg, and wow was it a good choice! Our embarkation was a dream as we live only 10 minutes drive from the port, from leaving our house to being on board was less than 45 minutes. The ship was very good, It was our first on Celebrity, previous P&O (3) and Merella. The ship is well presented our cabin was without fault, big balcony but cabin a tad smaller than others we have had. Our cabin steward rated 11 out of 10.The entertainment was the best we have experienced. The food was excellent, the service was at time a little slow, but is that an issue when you have a drink and good company? We had problems finding seating in the excellent self service buffet at breakfast time on sea days and don't understand why the main dining room is not kept open longer on these days till 9.30. I felt the public areas were a little claustrophobic, but overall I enjoyed them. We had the classic drinks package which was satisfactory, although it is aimed at the US market and sadly lacking in choice for beer, the wines spirits and cocktails were top drawer. We did not indulge in speciality dining as I felt the price premium was excessive given the very high standards on offer included in our fare. Overall we were very impressed with the crew who were attentive, friendly and efficient without being over the top. We did not buy any ships excursions, we made our own arrangements for St Petersburg with Alla Tours who were brilliant, and £200.00 cheaper. I feel if the prices were more competitive on the ship more people would buy them. I am so glad we have at last been to St Petersburg a city everyone should visit at least once, we chose Celebrity as it offered 3 not 2 days, a decision which proved to be fantastic, both city and ship. I would be happy to cruise again with Celebrity.

Money well spent