3. MSC Sinfonia
We chose this cruise itinerary and MSC itself for its affordability (not easy using the South African Rand) and itinerary. Ports of call are interesting, although the Santorini and Mykonos stops are far too brief. Mykonos is just a tease, as you are in port for only a matter of hours. We embarked at Venice, which I recommend, as the one-day stop in Venice (if you were to embark elsewhere) simply is not enough to experience Venice as it should be. The Sinfonia is one of the smallest MSC ships, which to some cruise enthusiasts may be a negative, but for me was a positive, as you feel like you can get to know the ship and some of its crew (as difficult as it is to actually get to know the crew). The trend in cruising seems to be in larger and larger ships, which seems both unsustainable and unappealing to me. However, in this cruise, the combination of excellent service, reasonable ship size, and interesting itinerary made the experience an enjoyable one. I understand that after the summer season in the Adriatic, the Sinfonia will undergo a re-fit. In terms of excursions, we only booked one formal excursion: Oia Village (Santorini). I would recommend this as it enables you to see the iconic views of the island of Thira. We were going to book the evening excursion to Mykonos, but did not. I'm glad we didn't as we simply strolled the city on our own and visited local bars and restaurants. In other ports we ventured out on our own which was a welcome relief from the planned activities of the ship.

Sun and fun in the Adriatic

MSC Sinfonia Cruise Review by bradley.rink

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Bella Oceanview Stateroom (obstructed view)

bradley.rink’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Sinfonia price drops

Bella Oceanview Stateroom (obstructed view)
Cabin O1 7120
7120 has a partial view. If you want a full view with the price of a partial view, choose cabin 7118.
Brahms Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins