3. Adventure of the Seas
We had a lot of fun on Adventure of the Seas. This ship had a little bit of everything and if you got bored, it was your own damn fault (I heard one couple complain at dinner that there wasn't a great selection of pay per view movies!! Who has time to watch movies on a cruise?). We enjoyed all of the late night shows; the Quest was a lot of fun, the comedians were funny, and the ice show was pretty. The best entertainment night was the Elton John tribute show (that guy was awesome). Also, the disco party is always a favorite of ours, especially when the guys dressed like the Village People come down to dance with the audience. There were so many things to do every day: trivia, mini golf, ping pong, shuffleboard, ice skating, and even the Flow Rider, which is simulated surfing. It's ALL fun. We went on several excursions. The best one was in Portland, Maine, when we boarded an old schooner and took a sail around the bay. Sure, in the Caribbean, they would've handed us rum punch, but I guess I can't count on that in 57-degree Maine. We also too, a bus to the Portland Head Light. There were vendors set up right outside the ship and we were able to buy a bunch of handmade souvenirs that were pretty nice. In Bar Harbor, we went on a bus trip to Acadia National Park and a lobster bake, which was a HIT with the folks on our cruise: we had 3 tour buses full of folks doing this. Okay, the bus trip was ridiculous--our guide kept saying, "this is a good spot to take photos! The view is amazing--but we're not going to stop here, so just look out your window. On the left. There it goes!" He did this several times. We stopped exactly twice to take photos at some kind of little bridge thing that was important in some way and another time at a bathroom, for r old folks who I guess couldn't hold it (nothing to see at that stop). I didn't really see Acadia Narional Park except for the glances of things as we rolled by. We saw other tour buses stopping and people getting out, but we whizzed right on by everyone. That was disappointing. But the meal was pretty amazing and my mom said it made up for the crappy "tour". Everyone got a whole lobster, a half an ear of corn, and 3 new potatoes (red potatoes). There were many very happy lobster-eating folks! In the Canadian ports, we did hop on-hop off bus tours around the cities, which were blah. No air conditioning. I guess they don't need it that far north usually, but the day we were in Halifax, it was 93 degrees and we were melting on that double decker bus. I'm not sure why we paid over $50 per person to do those, but they have us some interesting history lessons about the cities, I guess. My only complaint on this whole cruise was with the Internet. We prepaid for the Internet package a few months beforehand. It was over $100 for the week and sadly, was unreliable and SLOW. VERY SLOW. So slow, in fact, that we weren't able to FaceTime with family (we have a family member who was undergoing chemo and wanted to check on him, but were unable to do so because of our unreliable connection). I think the Internet package is touted as being "the fastest at sea" or something to that effect. Really, I'd like the proof on that one. It was hard to load email when I needed to check in a few times during that week.

Beautiful ship for a cruise up north

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by jenni35

jenni35’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 3D 9620
Our cabin seemed small, but we recently had a suite, so I think that ruined us. Two twin beds and a couch. We had two deck/beach chairs on the small balcony (in the suite, we had lounge chairs). Cabin seemed clean. our attendant wasn't overly attentive, but he didn't neglect us either, unless you consider not getting towel animals every day as neglect. I think we had 2 during the week and we're used to more. Beds were comfortable. We didn't spend much time in our room, as there was much to do on the ship.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Bar Harbor
    Okay, we were on a bus tour of Acadia Narional Park and we didn't see much of the park. Our guide was an old guy who kept saying, "This is a great photo spot--people love to stop here and take photos of the beautiful...." Such and such. However, we didn't stop. He'd tell us to look out the window. "On the right. There it goes. Oh well." I'm not sure why we had a "tour" of the park if we weren't going to actually stop and take photos. Also, the bus smelled. A lot. Like the bathroom in the back hadn't been emptied in weeks and had been stewing in the sun. Thank goodness for the fan because once the bus started, the smell got a bit better. But if you've ever smelled a full outhouse on a hot day in July, you'll know what smell I'm talking about,

Our lobster bake was another part of this excursion and it was amazing. Great food and an old, beautiful inn/restaurant.
    View All 12,810 Bar Harbor Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Bar Harbor Cruise Port Review
  • Acadia National Park

View All 191 Acadia National Park Reviews
  • Halifax
    No air conditioning on the bus, which was hot since it was 93 degrees or more outside. Not sure why we did this excursion, since it just drove us around the city. We saw the public gardens, which were pretty, but hot. And I can see flowers at home? Saw a few other things....none of which I remember or have photos of. I was so hot, I couldn't think on this tour.
    View All 12,810 Halifax Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Halifax Cruise Port Review
  • Schooner Sail
    We sailed on the Wendameen, which was a beautiful schooner. we loved every minute onboard.
    View All 8 Schooner Sail Reviews
  • Hop On Hop Off
    We had a great tour guide on this hop on-hop off tour, we were able to see a lot of the city and jump off for a few photos before continuing.
    View All 28 Hop On Hop Off Reviews