3. Brilliance of the Seas
So our first ever cruise is over. Let me suggest, that cabin 8087 should never be rented out, other than to the deaf or those that plan on partying late. The Centrum area, to which only a thin wall separates is certainly not soundproof. So one is living as with a constant ghetto blaster radio turned up next door. The ship services alleviate this by closing the nearby fire door and limiting the party to 10:45 PM. This is not so great with 2 kids and rising at 5 AM for port excursions. A silent party (day 6 update) where guests partied with headphones afforded our first normal night of sleep). We have complained daily, but there was no real solution implemented. I am not sure why the party is not held in other areas of the ship designed for that purpose, but I read that the Centrum became an entertainment area during the 2013 refurbishment. The person responsible should certainly be invited to sleep in this room for a few weeks. I hope his helps someone, it seems to late for us, as the ship was full and no other cabins were available. I am not sure why the parties simply continued in the Centrum area, until 10:45 PM. 9 PM would have been ok as a time limit for me.

Musical Nightmares

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by Crusherjp

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Interior

We have complained daily, but there was no real solution implemented.

Crusherjp’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 1V 8087
As stated, lacks soundproofing, considering it is exposed on 4 sides (including underneath), to the Centrum blasting music at evenings and nights.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins