Island Princess Cruise Review

Island Princess Cruise Review by Nahash

• Sail Date: Jun 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview

This is our 4th cruise with princess so I can compare our experience to the previous cruises.

We started this cruise from Vancouver going to Alaska for 7 days. In general all the princess ships are the same design so it was easy for us to get around the ship. We had a very nice cabin, very clean with a nice balcony. So as far as the cabin is concern I would rate it 4 stars. But no internet!!

What we noticed is that the food got worse compare with the previous princess cruises.

1-The lunch and breakfast buffet are identical every day with not much variety.

2-Because it is colder outside and not too many people sit to eat on the outside deck there is not many places you can find to sit and enjoy your breakfast. In matter of fact some days we had a hard time finding a table.

3- There are red ropes limiting the entry and exit from the buffet to the tables and back only through but not between the food blocks (this is something new compare to other ships) this caused an increase of traffic in the entrance / exit to the buffet.

4- The international café that we enjoyed on the Coral Princess is no where to find on this ship with it’s great French cakes. When I asked I was told that they don’t have it on the Island Princess, just coffee that you can purchase, very sad as we enjoyed a nice music there and a good desert every afternoon but no more.

5- As for the any time dinner there was a long lineup every day average about half an hour, something I don’t remember was at any other ship on our previous cruises.

So as far as food I would rate it 3.5 stars.

At the end of the cruise we had a bus transfer to the Anchorage airport and the way they handled the luggage was very very bad. The guy in charge, Tony refused to allow us to take our luggage and made us wait beside to luggage storage room for 1.0 hour, many people were angry and it left a very bad taste at the end of the cruise.

I have to say that the luggage in Vancouver was handled very well.We like the entertainment and the nature guide. We got an e-mail from Princess cruises to review the cruise but after few days when I tried to respond the web ling was not available and said it was timed out, very sad!!

Nahash's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Oceanview
Cabin O5 614

Cabin was very good. TV had no sport channel during the soccer tournament !!

Nahash