3. Carnival Triumph
This was our first cruise so I really have nothing to compare it to but I was a little underwhelmed by the activities on board. There were so many people that you couldn't move at times. The pools were so full that we were only able to use them once and it was standing room only. I wish there was more to do during the sea days. The list looked like it was full of stuff to do but it was mainly seminars, shopping or playing bingo. I could only afford bingo a few times. Everything revolves around spending more money. There were several times we wanted to do an activity but it was scheduled at the same time as another activity. It would be nice if some of them were offered several times during the day. The lines for food seemed to go on forever. We gave up a few times on trying to eat. The room was fine and the crew was always polite and respectful. We were worried about the boarding process but it was very organized and fast. This ship is old and about to get a face lift. It is needed. Overall, I think we paid too much for this cruise.

It was ok.

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Christienrandy

Christienrandy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Triumph price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8B 6323
This room was fine. I am so glad I chose a balcony. I don't think I would have survived with no windows and no way to get fresh air. The air worked great. The beds were a little hard but sufficient. Our steward was Ariel. He was so good at remembering names and greeting us. We didn't use him for anything but I know he would have helped with anything we needed. The towel animals were adorable. I have read that some smelled sewage. I didn't smell it until the last day. I am not sure what changed at that point. The shower is wonderful! It is scalding hot and I love that you have a removable shower head. The water pressure is also good. It is midship so that can be good and bad. It was good for the lido but a bit of a walk anywhere else.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Snorkeling
    Fury took us snorkeling on their catamaran. It was a decent adventure. I wish it was longer and I also wish we didn't have jellyfish in the water with us. Several of us were stung so we had to cut that part short. They took us to the beach after the snorkel and we were able to swim and relax for about an hour and a half. The drinks were unlimited on the boat but they didn't have much alcohol in them. The crew was very nice and entertaining.
    View All 426 Snorkeling Reviews
  • New Orleans
    We stayed at the holiday inn West Bank. The hotel was nice and clean and the ride to and from the ship was quick and easy. We paid $5 a person to get to the port. The porters were a little aggressive but sufficient. The city is worth a visit. We had been before so we only went to Mardi Gras World this time. It was also worth seeing.
    View All 622 New Orleans Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's New Orleans Cruise Port Review
  • Mayan Ruins
    We did the cenote snorkel and cave tour. It was very good. A nice bus picked us up and drove us 1.5 hours to the ruins and then to the cenote to snorkel and swim. We stayed there for 45 min and then drove to a hacienda to eat. It was all nice and the people were knowledgeable and friendly. They got us back in time to shop before getting back on the ship.
    View All 36 Mayan Ruins Reviews