3. Columbus
My dad and I were going away together, he wanted a cruise with no flights hence the fjords. He had been on a cruise before I was a cruise 'virgin'. He told me how it would be pretty 'posh' and the food and entertainment would be amazing. Unfortunately it didn't live up to expectations. The staff were amazing, couldn't do enough for us and so friendly all the time. The food was good, varied but not a lot of veg dishes that weren't in sauces, though plenty of salad. Unfortunately the bistro didn't seem to be able to cope with the numbers and constantly ran out of glasses, mugs and on the last breakfast, toast! We were told they didn't expect so many?? There were 1400 on the ship at all times so how could they not expect so many to the last breakfast? The ship to me looked tired in places even though it was refurbished last year, the shower room was a bit grubby and the tv didn't work properly (not really a problem as we spent most of the time on deck). One lift was broken the whole trip as was the ice cream counter, which in the heat we had, would have made a killing! The main show was unfortunately on a similar level to butlins, though when singing individually elsewhere on the ship they were pretty good. The lady singer in connexions was amazing! We spent most evenings listening to her. In the main restaurant we had a German couple sat at our table and he told us he was told he couldn't sit at our table because it was an all English table! Shocking!! Having said all that it was an experience I wouldn't of missed and the fjords are breathtaking!

First cruise

Columbus Cruise Review by Bannball

Bannball’s Full Rating Summary
Get Columbus price drops

The cabin was basic, smaller than I expected for a deluxe with balcony, the shower was grubby, not dirty just very worn. The room was spotless, the cabin steward was great. She couldn't do enough for us and was so friendly