3. Independence of the Seas
I have been on this ship before , and I was anxious to see how much the refit had improved the experience ! It was immediately apparent that the ship had a few useful extras . As we already liked it as it was before , we were delighted with many of the improvements , but we missed the previously relaxing Champagne bar . Unfortunately it was also obvious that there had been many economies , particularly with the staff . The queues were everywhere . There was also an acute shortage of seating . It was impossible to get a seat anywhere after the show finished . Who wants to spend the evening in their cabin on holiday ? As for the food in the main dining room .... HORRENDOUS is an understatement ! The choice was very limited , the taste was akin to cardboard . Complaining was a complete waste of time . As an example , when we were served hard , tough , black jacket potatoes for the third day in a row , we complained to the head chef . We even showed him the standard of the one from that day . He said that it was not the fault of Royal Caaribbean , but the standard of potato that they got from the current supplier . I pointed out that you can get exactly the same result if you cook too many potatos for lunch , re cook it before the evening meal , and then reheat it before serving it up . Yet he still insisted it was the fault of the potatoes ...imagine ! Much of the food was warm rather than hot , much was barely cooked too . Both my wife and I lost weight ! Who on this earth wants to come back from a cruise and find that they have LOST WEIGHT ! ! ! I will never again travel on the Independence of the Sea . ! Unfortunately with the best will on this earth , I cannot recommend this lovely ( on the surface ) ship !

Great ship , but really let down by the food !

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Ronal1

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Spacious Ocean View Balcony

Ronal1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas price drops

Spacious Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 1B 9664
The cabin was clean and spacious with a large balcony The steward was most obliging too . There was plenty of cupboard and wardrobe space too .
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins