Viking Tor Cruise Review

Viking Tor Cruise Review by Bluerose111

• Sail Date: Apr 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

Friends suggested starting in Budapest. Actually we stayed in an Airbnb for 4 days in Budapest prior to boarding. We fell in love with Budapest; enjoying every minute we were there! On to the cruise. BTY this was my first cruise and I'm in my 60's. We found the accommodations, while small, expertly laid out and comfortable! Bear in mind, we are used to sailing a 43' sailboat. The room was clean upon arrival and cleaned daily. Good job to the housekeeping staff! In fact all the staff were absolutely fantastic; friendly and professional! The dinning was very good, providing sufficient choices to keep my wife and I happy. Having been told that I can be a little picky, I can say without reservation there was nothing I found to complain about! I would suggest if you take a river cruise, get a room with a balcony; we did and I think any room without, would seem claustrophobic. Anyway, sitting on the balcony with a cup of coffee or drink, watching the scenic view pass by was amazing! This is a great way to experience Europe in comfort!

Bluerose111's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 217

Our cabin exceeded expectations for delightful engineering of space for comfort, efficiency and beauty. Our luggage slipped under the bed easily and the bed was extremely comfortable. We had ample wardrobe space, ample drawers to store our clothes and this left open counter space with mirrors to provide a sense of spaciousness. The bathroom was exceptionally well appointed with a rain shower head, well lit space, Villaroy and Boch ceramic Italian sink, back lit mirror and a shelf to store cosmetic bags under the counter. Wow! All of this in a relatively small footprint. Our balcony had two chairs that added the perfect seating to expand into the out of doors.

Bluerose111