3. Norwegian Escape
I will start by saying that I was very hesitant to go on the NCL Escape after reading all of the terrible reviews on here. I would have cancelled had there been an alternative for the week I was able to go. I am SO GLAD that I went anyway!! We had an amazing time and the ship far exceeded my expectations. This was my 7th cruise, but my first with NCL. I've also traveled pretty frequently and usually stay in 4-5 star all-inclusive resorts (just to give you an idea of what I'm used to). Here are my thoughts: EMBARKATION- very easy, quick, and efficient. Our "arrival time" was for 1pm, but we were on the ship by around 11:45. No issues whatsoever. CABIN- we had an inside cabin, which was TINY but comfortable for 2 people. It would have been way too small for 3 people. The bathroom was a good size and the shower was excellent. Beds were very comfortable. No real channels on the TV other than news. This was disappointing since I like to watch TV at night as I fall asleep. The cabin was SO CLEAN it felt like we were the first people to ever use it. FOOD- we did not go to any of the specialty restaurants as there was no reason to spend more money, the food was excellent in all of the included ones. We ate at Taste, Savor, Manhattan Club, O'Sheehans, and the buffet. All were excellent. The menus at the first 3 are the same, and the atmosphere is nearly identical in Taste/Savor. The buffet had more options that I've ever seen on any ship OR in any resort. If you think you've seen everything on it, keep walking and you'll notice that there is much more. We didn't realize that until the 2nd day. We always found a place to sit, no matter what time we were there. There were only 2 of us so it was easy. If there were 3 or more, that would have been more challenging. I never felt rushed or crowded as there was lots of space for all. ENTERTAINMENT- We saw After Midnight (very good) and the Brat Pack (excellent). Be sure to pre-book your (free) tickets to these shows! We met people who couldn't get in because they didn't book in advance. Howl at the Moon was so much fun- definitely go in there. We never made reservations but we were able to get in every time we wanted because people are constantly coming and going. The game shows were all fun as well, but again, with more than 2 people it would be nearly impossible to find seats in the Atrium. These really should take place in a larger venue. There was always so much to do on board, that I always felt like I was missing out because there were so many things going on and it was impossible to be everywhere! OUTDOOR AREAS- there were 2 pools, 1 was for kids only (but adults did go in there) and the other was adults only. There were SO MANY lounge chairs, almost too many as it made it difficult to walk and access them. We didn't go in the pool, but we did use the hot tubs and the grotto in Spice H2O (very nice area of the ship). We always found lounge chairs somewhere on deck, but sometimes had to move them to be together. Once again, with more than 2 people, finding chairs and space to sit together would be very difficult and frustrating. The ropes course was super fun and despite the wind up there, I felt safe. The waterslides were fun, too. I didn't travel with kids this time, but they would have had a blast- SO much to do. DISEMBARKATION- again, very easy and efficient. OTHER- the service on this ship was excellent. Every officer, crew member, etc went out of their way to greet us, ask us about our cruise, help us, etc. With the exception on 1 bartender (who wouldn't make a drink because it wasn't on the menu even though he had all the ingredients) everyone else was wonderful. I am prone to seasickness, but I very rarely, like maybe once or twice, felt this ship move. It felt like we were still for almost the entire time. Smoothest ship I've ever been on. Didn't even need my motion sickness meds! This ship does require you to pay extra for quite a bit, but it's all optional. I chose not to pay for any of the extras, had a wonderful, relaxing time, and they owed ME money when I got off the ship as I didn't use all my on-board credit. SUMMARY- If you are traveling alone or with 1 other person, don't hesitate to book this cruise!!! If you're traveling with a small group who plans to spend the entire time together, you may want to look into a different ship. That being said, it amazes me what people will complain about. It's a CRUISE...it's a VACATION, and it will be what you make it to be. If you go with the intent to have a great time and let little things go, then you will have a great vacation, wherever you are. :-)

Perfect for 2 people

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by kml71604

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Inside Stateroom

DISEMBARKATION- again, very easy and efficient.

kml71604’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Mid-ship Inside Stateroom
Cabin IB
Extremely small, but very comfortable. Enough room for 2 people, but not more than that. Very clean! Bathroom was excellent, especially loved the shower. Had just what we needed- a nice place to go back to after a long day having fun! TV had a channel with a live camera from the bridge, so we could turn that on in the morning and it was like having a window. Bring a clock- there are no clocks in there!
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins