3. Norwegian Dawn
I like to write my review right away so everything is still fresh in my mind. I was travelling as a single parent with two friends who are also single parents. Our kids are different ages (12, 15, and 18.) There is something for everyone on this cruise. It’s a small ship, so no big climbing walls, zip lines, etc. We all had an amazing time. Our cruise was over the 4th of July and the ship was at full capacity. I did the same cruise a couple of years ago with less people in late August. Although it seemed crowded at times around the pool, it was amazing. I learned a few things that I would do differently next time we go. We signed up to go again with a great program Norwegian has because we loved it so much. We did not get the internet package – no phones, no internet, no snapchat, Instagram, Facebook. So, if you travel with other families (on not) it’s great to bring a small white board to stick on your door so you can leave messages the old fashion way. When you’re in port there are plenty of places to get free Wi-Fi to update friends and family. The Bermuda Information center has free Wi-Fi, you can sit on the bench outside and access it. We found it nice to be “off the grid for a couple of days.” DINING: There is so much food. I did not go to any specialty restaurants, but my friend went to some and said they were great. I made reservations for our party of 6 at Aqua and Venetian online for our days at sea. Once you are on the ship the main dining times are not open to make reservations at the complimentary restaurants. We did not have to wait in line for any of our dinners, and were seated right away b/c we had reservations. If you plan dinner reservation online you can only schedule Aqua and Venetian. Bamboo (Asian Fusion) says no reservation required. However, you can make a reservation the day you want to dine there once you are on the ship. It usually has a big line so make a reservation in the morning on the day you plan to dine there. Make sure to go to the Venetian for breakfast at least once. It’s mostly the same food as the Garden Buffet, but so nice to have five-star service, and some special menu options. ENTERTAINMENT: Go to every show. The performances are great. If you’re not that interested, at least make sure to go the Elements performance. It is the best show you will see at sea. It’s Broadway meets David Copperfield, and Cirque du Soleil in one amazing show. EXCURSIONS: Book most on your own. You can get to Horseshoe Bay on bus or shuttle. Public bus is great way to see island if you want to see lots of places in one day. Or buy tokens at the Bermuda Info. Center. The cruise excursion to Horseshoe Bay is $45/pp. – Just walk off ship and you can get $7 one way or $14 rt. (per person.) You must see Horseshoe Bay - there are tons of shuttle buses, so pay one way and when you are ready to leave pay the other $7. Most everyone on the Norwegian Dawn does everything they can to make sure you have the best vacation. Of course, there may be things you are not 100% happy with; overall you make what you want of your vacation. We loved it.

Amazing Getaway - Something for Everyone