3. Grandeur of the Seas
This was my first cruise. I knew this wasn't the biggest or newest ship in their fleet. Before getting on the ship I felt like the cruise line was nickle and diming me for things like upgraded beverage packages, mandatory gratuity, wifi access, etc. I tried to keep an open mind. The line in the parking lot to embark was long and tedious due the bottle neck of stopping to drop off luggage before parking. That was unexpected and frustrating. When i first stepped into the ship my reaction was "wow this ship's decor is seriously outdated" i felt like i was back in the 1990s. BUT the staff on the ship made up for my first impression. They were friendly, courteous, quick, and attentive. The ship was always clean and they worked hard. The staff made the experience very enjoyable. And in the end i got accustomed to the decor. :) i had an ocean view cabin on floor 2. There were 4 of us. 2 adults and 2 teens. It was tight but we managed. We stuffed empty luggage out of the way. The bathroom although small was bigger than i expected. I ate bfast and lunch at the Windjammer buffet. The food was good and there was tremendous variety. I ate dinner at the main dinning room and the wait staff were very friendly and attentive. The food was very good. One thing that i think RC could do better (besides upgrading the decor) is to email guests ahead notifying them of special dress nights. There was a formal night for dinner and if i hadn't called the cruise line ahead of my cruise i wouldn't have known that and wouldn't have packed for it. Overall it was a good trip. My teens had fun doing their own thing and hanging with the family and new friends. I felt very comfortable letting them explore the ship and make friends. In the end, i would consider cruising again on RC.

First timer experience