Diamond Princess Cruise Review

Diamond Princess Cruise Review by ALDB2018

• Sail Date: Jun 2018
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Family Suite with Balcony

We chose this cruise as my mom is a Princess fan. I've cruised with other lines but this was my first Princess cruise and I was far from impressed.

Embarkation was well organized. Our luggage was in our cabin by the time we entered our room. What a shock to see the mildew in the shower, the toilet seat with touch up paint, and so much paint spatter on the deck and furniture that it looked like a bird poop area!!! When I complained about the mildew to our steward, he said it was stained. I think not. For a cabin w/ a nearly $12K price tag, a little bleach and elbow grease would have been appreciated in advance of our arrival.

The service was friendly all over the ship. Our server and assistant server were warm and accommodating.

The food was marginal at best. Pasta dish in the Italian restaurant was served warm, not hot. All menus are the same in all the dining rooms. Pizza was very good at the pizza outlet. The coffee bar didn't carry almond milk.

The shows were entertaining. Activities were plenty but more cooking options (demonstrations and/or hands on) would have been nice.

Ports were nice. Wished we had more time on land. Excursions seemed expensive for what was provided.

I traveled with my 9 yr old son. Kids camp was clean but instead of full days of organized activities there were multiple times with "cruisers choice" activities which were mostly movie times. Youth center staff were very nice.

ALDB2018's Full Rating Summary

Family Suite with Balcony
Cabin S8 D105

We had a family cabin, (two cabins plus a living room) w/ deck. D105. You could feel the motion of the boat all day and night, every day and night. The furnishings in our cabin were tired. The beds were fabulous. See photos of the excess mildew in one bathroom. Toilet seat - disgusting. Deck - disappointing. Our furniture was never set up and it was covered w/ paint splatter that looked like bird poop.

ALDB2018