3. Oasis of the Seas
I, my fiancee and her adult daughter, wanted to experience a cruise on one of the Oasis - class ships. We booked the Oasis of the Seas, and it was fabulous! I had never been on such a large ship before, and I was worried about how crowded everything might be, especially since I use a scooter. My worries were without basis, since the ship was easily-accessible and the staff we encountered were terrific. Our embarkation was incredibly fast and without any issues. Disembarkation was the same, even though we decided to handle our own luggage. Everyone made it so easy, and I was pleasantly surprised at how smoothly it went. My fiancee and I had a Jr Suite with an oversized balcony, which was spacious and very comfortable. I use a scooter and I was pleasantly surprised at how much room there was for my scooter to be parked and even, turn around. Although we had signed up for "My Time Dining", we soon fell in love with the Windjammer, with so may options. Even though it was buffet-style, there was an overwhelming choice of food, with multiple desserts and more choices for appetizers, sides, entrees, etc. And best of all, you could go up for as many trips as you could fit! LOL Entertainment was professional and very high quality, which I would expect at locations like Las Vegas. We especially enjoyed the performance of Cats and the rock 'n roll revue, but every show we attended was wonderful. If you can't find something to do every minute of every day, then it's all your fault! There is something for everyone, and if nothing else, there are many pools and hot tubs available. Look for the free custard (cone) machines - they were a wonderful way to cool down after swimming or sunning. Drink service was also excellent, with staff coming around regularly to bring you your favorite drink. Our shore excursions were lots of fun, including our tour of the Atlantis at Paradise Island, Nassau, Bahamas. This resort is one of the best in the world, with lots of things to see and do. I stayed at the Atlantis in 1998 and there is so much more to it now. Make sure you get to see the amazing aquarium, with sharks, barracuda, manta rays, and many other genus of fish. Unfortunately, St Thomas did not offer any accessible tours, however, we made do with nearby shops, bars and restaurants. There was also free entertainment at the port (steel drum band). Our stopover at St. Maarten/St Martin, was good, with an accessible tour available. Our one disappointment was that there is still a lot of residual damage from hurricanes Irma and Maria, with missing roofs, walls and lots of tree damage. It was sad to see all the damage, especially after having been in St Maarten in 2009 and enjoying t very much. Overall, we were thrilled with our cruise and we look forward to another one soon. Whether you are a veteran cruiser or a newbie, Royal Caribbean knows how to treat you and you will soon be convinced that cruising is a great vacation alternative and experience.

First-time Royal Caribbean cruise...

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by RonP007

RonP007’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Junior Suite
Cabin J2 8642
Our cabin was well-appointed, with a king-sized bed, larger bathroom w/tub, and a larger balcony. There was also a convertible couch, and a coffee table. As with any cruise line, there are never enough electrical outlets, although we brought a 6-outlet power strip which allowed us to charge our electronics as well as my scooter.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins