3. Adventure of the Seas
The cruise served as a milestone anniversary trip, so OVERALL, it was a great cruise! Very relaxing, lots of the home stresses were forgotten for a week. The positives of the cruise and ship were the food (we only ate at main DR and Windjammer) was very good (not GREAT, but very adequate for me not cooking or cleaning!). The bars and bar services were great (with the Deluxe Drink package) although I warn to keep an eye on your account as there were MANY drink charges on our account that shouldn't have been there due to the drink package. THE SHIP - still looks to be in good shape although my wife thought it needed updating. Lots of rust on the balconies when you look up...but that's got to be pretty standard for a ship that sails the salty seas, so that didn't bother me too much. I did not like the smoking on the port side, both at the pool and the smell while I was on my port side balcony, so that was a learning lesson for us. The promenade is definitely the highlight of the ship and is very elegant. The selection in the shops was a little lacking IMO. THE CABIN - we had a balcony on the 7th deck, port side. Really, nothing to write about either positive or negative. It was clean, the cabin steward kept it very clean, and it was big enough for the two of us. DINING - We went to early seating dining each night. We didn't get a wait staff that really attempted to connect with us as we've had in the past, but the service was still very good. There were three or four excellent meals and the rest were average, but again, I wasn't cooking or cleaning so I don't get too picky. The best food was the prime rib and lobster. The windjammer is just awesome, always a huge selection of foods, and except for lunch when you first board the ship, there were always tables to eat. Breakfast in the Main DR was good, but we only went once as it was a LONG experience and we didn't want to waste the hour every morning there. ENTERTAINMENT - The ballroom dancers and male comedians were top notch. The female comedian was a little rough. The RCCL Singers and Dancers were average, but they entertained us and that's what we wanted. So overall it was good entertainment. Also, don't miss the ice show, it was fantastic. SERVICE - Excellent. We were well taken care of! SHORE EXCURSIONS - We only did one excursion through RCCL - the Ron Jon Beach Shuttle at Cocoa Beach. The problem we had was that they made us wait in the theater for over an hour until they left us off the ship. then we waited in a long line to exit the cruise terminal. Also, since we were going the shortest distance, we were the first to go into the theater and the last to leave since the Disney/Orlando tours had further to go. My time is just as precious as anyone else's and I felt like I would have been much better off getting my own ride to the beach. CAPE LIBERTY CRUISE TERMINAL - first time driving to a cruise and it was awesome. We drove 3.5 hours to get there, arrived, they took our bags, we parked in the parking garage, and 15 minutes later we were on the ship! Definitely leaving from Cape Liberty again!! Lastly, the only other item RCCL has to figure out is the whole pool chair reserving issue. They have signs up stating that the reserving of chairs is not allowed, yet when you get to the pool at 9 am, there is NO Chair available as there are towels laying on them, but NO PEOPLE....for hours!! Very frustrating.

Adventure OTS 6-22-18 Review

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by afcarter

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

SERVICE - Excellent. We were well taken care of!

afcarter’s Full Rating Summary