3. Costa Fortuna
My wife really enjoyed the shows performed by the Italian / western artists and paid extra to watch the late night show. My boy liked the play group. There were 136 children in the group and the staff appeared overwhelmed. All later activities required the participation of a parent. The cruise should have allocated more staff to take care of the children so the parents could go and play, even for an hour. I liked the ship tour. The cruise app worked very well on my Android phone. I could use the app to call the phone of my room. But it didn't work on my wife's iPhone. The cruise appeared to provide free data occasionally. I did subscribe to the cruise data plan, however. The sea between Naha and Taiwan was very rough and once the lift I rode stopped abruptly for a few seconds because the ship tilted too much. Luckily the ship crossed the sea at night but I still felt the ship went up and down 10 feet when lying on my bed for a few hours. On the first day in Naha we disembarked at 12 noon. We went to Shuri Castle, Urasoe Dai Park, and Kokusai Doori. I wanted to go to Hacksaw Ridge, which is 30 mins hike from the Urasoe Dai Park, but we spent too much time in the playground and it was getting dark so we skipped the Ridge. On the second day we disembarked at 10am and went to Omoromachi. We briefly visited Okinawa Prefectural Museum, and went to the supermarket to purchase some food and cookies. The ship would leave at 12:30 noon so we were in a hurry. The plug of the bathroom sink stuck. I called the operator at 2am and a repairman arrived in 10 minutes to fix it We were fortunate to have this Italian cruise experience. I have heard the Fortuna is heading back to Europe in 2019. We live in Hong Kong and boarded the ship heading to Naha at the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal. The ship stopped at Naha for two days then sailed back to Hong Kong. We spent our 2017 Christmas Day on the ship. See my pictures. They worth thousands words I guess.

Fantastic adventure on an Italian cruise

Costa Fortuna Cruise Review by EricHongKong

• Sail Date: December 2017
  • Destination: Asia

I liked the ship tour.

See my pictures. They worth thousands words I guess.
EricHongKong’s Full Rating Summary