Save your money & do not book a Silversea Whisper cruise! My family and I just disembarked from a 9 day Greek Islands cruise (Athens to Venice) and it had to be the worst luxury cruise we have ever taken (previously on Crystal & Oceania). To summarize:
1. Food - Not at luxury quality not service. Silverseas must be saving it’s $$$ portion sizes were tiny and we were often hungry after a meal. Service slow (lunch on pool deck often 1-1 1/2 hours).
2. Ship - ship is 17 years old and needs to be scrapped. Paint chipped, old carpets, etc. Felt like I was on a cruise in the last century. Silversea should be ashamed for charging what they charged us and put us on a ship like this.
3. Excursions- the cruise business of continuing to rip off its passengers continues. We were charged $180 to sit on a bus for 40 minutes then dumped on a remote beach for 2 hours. One highlight was the Sea Safari on. RIB boat in Split, Croatia but even then on a 6 hour trip we were only provided a “snack” of tuna fish salad and anchovies.
4. Staff - Our Butler was always in a rush and nervous. Compared to our Oberoi-trained butler on Oceania Rivierawas a stark contrast. Reception staff inexperienced often could not answer questions. Wait staff slow and forgetful. Maitre d in one restaurant yelled at a staff member and a passenger.
5. Entertainment - awful.
6. Fitness Center - Pilates classes were NOT Pilates (I know I’m an instructor).
Save your money, do your research and don’t book on Silversea.