Mein Schiff Cruise Review by keithm99
- Sail Date: June 2018
- Destination: Greece
1) staff (except for reception) were excellent - very helpful and polite
2) food choice and standard (and hygiene) were excellent
3) choice of entertainment was very good
4) embarkation process was handled efficiently and quickly
1) reception had difficulty understanding problems and requests
2) room was very noisy all cruise - it was a disabled inside cabin with a pillar in the middle, and this carried up the engine noise all the time, and was worse at night when the ship was moving
3) painting was being done while people were sunbathing (along with other maintenance)
4) luggage had to be out at midnight, even though our transfer was not until the following evening, which was a big hassle - we paid for a room to us and for some bizarre reason we were given the room next door (???) so had to switch one room down
5) we embarked late on Friy night and so did not have a proper muster drill - basically we were told to look at the back of the door in our cabin to see where to go
250,000+ people have entered their email
However, we would have given the space up and had a cupboard if it would have cut down on the noise - we could hear this through new earplugs and got hardly any sleep during the whole cruise.
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Rhodes Old TownEnjoyable walk round the amphitheatre ruins and then through the old town - bit short but entertaining and well-informed guide, and left you wanting to see more of Rhodes.View All 28 Rhodes Old Town Reviews
SantoriniDrove round the island, went to a couple of villages (the last Megalochori was definitely the best but only there a short time), had a quick lunch (not catering for vegetarians), then back to Fira to join the huge cable-car queue to get abck tot he tender.View All 12,785 Santorini Cruise Port Reviews
I thinks Santorini is suffering from it's fame, and cannot really handle the number of tourists (when we left, there were three cruise ships in the caldera).
Didn't really feel as if we saw the real Santorini, but judging from the views atop the mountain, maybe that wasn't a great loss.
View Cruise Critic's Santorini Cruise Port Review