3. Adventure of the Seas
Overall, this cruise, even being my first, was a great experience. The embarkation and the disembarkation processes are so seamless, fluid, with very little snags, like a well oiled machine. I must say the service from the dining room staff, the stateroom attendants and such, are the most professional and gregarious and social and nice and enthousiastic. Honestly, I want what they are having!!! The stateroom was fine so was the balcony, although it was a bit difficult to handle the doors at times, and the temperature inside was a bit too frisky for my taste. The food quality at the dining room varied depending on the dish. Some were great, like the NY Strip Loin, and the carb cakes, while others fell flat, like the Seafood Pasta (linguine tips stuck together as if not completely cooked and a lack of sauce on the pasta), and the Royal Chocolate Cake (the frosting did not match cake at all) or the crème brûlée (too sweet and a bit too liquid). Yet, the quality was a bit better at Winjammers Buffet and I think it should be open until midnight, since it has better quality food than the Café Promenade which has tasteless salads unfortunately. One little thing. I wish it would be possible to fill up on water anywhere. However, the stop in Florida was useless, on a passenger stand point. In my view, I had been already in Florida before and offering only transport to sites was not something that was to my advantage really. Especially if one was to visit Disney World and have to pay for tickets and come back on time before the ship sailed again. Honestly, everyone knows that it is impossible to visit Disney World in less than 6 hours. Also, financially this does not seem worthwhile at all. We could have went straight to the Bahamas and stayed there longer, for instance, 2 days in Nassau instead of one. Now, Cococay was not a perfect beach. It looked like it was still under construction. The water was full of rocks and palm tree leaves, not clear at all. I don't want to say murky, but contrarily to the beautiful clear waters at Atlantis and Blue Lagoon, I would say dark and full of things, such as other people's gogles, cheerios and a ripped piece of grey fabric which would seem to be dusty if it were not underwater. Though, I must say that the food quality was in keeping with Winjammer level (excellent on average). Also, Royal Carribean needs to make sure that all their third party excursions are handled by a trusted third party with a proven track recorded. I'm mentioning this because I've received word that the tour of Nassau was a disaster, in the sense that they started over an hour late which almost compromised return time before setting sail for NJ. However, for my part, the excursion to VIP Blue Lagoon, was perfect. The water, the service, the whole setup was great, the only inconvenient I can point out was that it should be longer a good 6 hours. One more point should be made about the entertainment. The parties should be longer and there should be at least one more DJ on board. A 45 minutes party immediately followed by another event is not the best way to go, especially if the party vibe just started to pick up. Talking about the 80's Party. After that, the music at the next party (The White Party) started to suck. One DJ is not enough. In conclusion, it was an excellent experience to have and I would recommend taking a cruise with Royal Carribean, if those notes could be corrected.

Cruise Review and Points of Improvement

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by CJSCruiser01

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas

One little thing. I wish it would be possible to fill up on water anywhere.

CJSCruiser01’s Full Rating Summary