3. Independence of the Seas
It was our first time on a cruise for a special occasion and was recommended the independence of the seas as it was child friendly. Unfortunately we were very disappointed as my daughter was only allowed in a very small part of the water park and not allowed in any of the swimming pools due to having a swim nappy on. My daughter who loves swimming was not allowed in a swimming pool for the whole 2 week holiday and for us that was difficult and uncomfortable when the temperature was 30c nearly everyday. There was no where to change a nappy om the entire ship which meant i had to change my daughter stood up in a toilet or on the floor of the toilets or go back to our cabin which wasnt always close by and the children's menu in the dining room was limited and never changed for the whole 2 weeks. The small room in fuel had a small amount of toys but my 21 month old soon grew tired of the limited toy selection. I would not recommend this ship for children under 3 years old and we certainly will not be re booking. It should be made clearer regarding facilities for young children and the fact that they are unable to go swimming which is ridiculous. The shows were very good but could have had more as there was only 3. Our cabin was very small but that is what an inside cabin is like and we expected this. Our room was always cleaned well. The entire ship was clean and staff were generally friendly apart from a very ride lifeguard regarding the pool situation and spoke to my husband very rudely.

Not child friendly cruise

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by pippa1988

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Europe

The shows were very good but could have had more as there was only 3.

pippa1988’s Full Rating Summary