3. MSC Seaview
This is a beautiful brand new ship, with absolutely loads of outdoor space and a fabulous 'boardwalk' outdoor eating area which wraps around the deck 8. Even though the ship was full, we can honestly say we never felt crowded. There were lots of children activities with the slides and bowling alleys and zippiness etc, but quite expensive... you could buy a package but bowling in particular we thought very expensive. The 3d simulator ride was great. They had one art auction in the week which was fun, but I think will be looking to increase those. The shows were of a very high standard, but all a little 'samey' in my opinion with the dance and singing cast doing every night, so there were no surprises. We were extremely disappointed to learn that (despite having clarified this in advance as it was our reason for choosing this ship over another) there is no comedy club / or any type of comedy, an no outdoor movies. There is a big screen but it was used for images only. So I did feel that the entertainment in the evening was somewhat limited to the usual duos etc in the bars if you didn't feel like the shows or casino. The food in the main restaurants was average, but the buffet was way above average and excellent food. Also, all of the specialty restaurants were excellent, and the Tappenyaki one was worth it just for the show! The only downside was with the Atelier Bistro - whilst although the food was lovely, the ambience was hindered by it being next to the atrium and the band / kids disco etc that was playing whilst we were trying to eat... even the staff were complaining about this. Service was on the whole good. I found that alot of the staff spoke very limited english so found it hard to make myself understood sometimes, but generally the staff were pleasant and helpful. The MSC app was an excellent addition.. Overall a lovely cruise on an incredibly beautiful ship, just a few minor issues that need sorting out.

Overall great cruise but some disappointments...

MSC Seaview Cruise Review by anitaevent

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Aurea Suite with Whirlpool Tub

anitaevent’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Seaview price drops

Aurea Suite with Whirlpool Tub
Cabin SJ3 9206
Beautifully spacious cabin with a dressing room, bath and a whirlpool bath on the balcony. Only a couple of minor points... the room is long and narrow, so its a shame the TV was facing the sofa as you couldn't then watch it whilst lying on the bed easily. Also, I personally would have preferred a shower rather than bath with overhead shower. The whirlpool bath was lovely and there was a small area for seating next to it. It was well covered from the wind with a glass panel so you could use it anytime, and wasn't really overlooked too much. Note for any cruisers using the top floors of the ship - there is a huge overhang so check your cabin carefully!
Aegean Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins