3. Marella Explorer
We choose to do this cruise as we has been advised that it was family friendly with loads of activities for a three year. Not the case. The ship itself although spotless is a bit tired - I know it has been refurbished but there are areas that are needing a bit of TLC for example the showers needing new screens and not just cleaned, toilet roll holder holes not filled in correctly etc We had a room with a balcony and it was big enough although limited space and storage for three. The first night we arrive the only place opened with the Market Place and that was very limited. In all the food was disappointing particularly if eating here. It is very limited at times and all you can get to drink is milk, water or beer. The other restaurants that we tried including the pasta, tapas and steak are nice and worth waiting on a table. The snack shack at the pool is ok although you soon get fed up with chips. Ice cream should be included in the cost. The entertainment for families particularly with babies and toddlers isn't what we thought. We ended up at the Squid and Anchor every night for a drink and the quiz. During the day there was only the children's club which had a splash pool and some activities. The gym and spa was good a bit of time out and very competitively priced. The pools are very very cold and quite deep along with the fact that children are only allowed in at certain times. It is a nightmare to get a sunbed and even though there is a 45min rule for leaving them unattended I never saw anyone implementing this. The children's pool is a joke and takes you away from the crowd insulating you from any adult company. We had booked trips prior to arrival. When we arrived one had been changed and we specifically asked if it was suitable for us and a pram. We were assured it was. To be honest it was awful we could have done it ourselves for a lot these and had more time to explore. All trips were overpriced and not worth it. There is a lot more I could write about including the rip off cost of Wi-Fi we is extortion but these are the main points. I am very disappointed in the cruise I think it is overpriced and not worth the money

Mmmmmmm just ok