CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

MSC Seaview Review

Editor Rating

First time with MSC... And loved it!

Review for MSC Seaview to the Mediterranean
pappahbuttz
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2018
Cabin: Yacht Club Inside Stateroom
Top Sail Lounge in the Yacht Club.
Top Sail Lounge and Restaurant on 2nd floor.
Yacht Club hallway to Top Sail.
Captain Scala!
Captain and officers!.

I am in the Baltic's for work, and had a set time to take a vacation, so my choices were limited on where and when I could go. I have been on two cruises with RCCL, one in the Mediterranean and one Caribbean some years ago. Both were really nice experiences. I was going to book on the Symphony of the Seas, but wow, they are getting very pricey. I stumbled online across the not yet finished MSC Seaside. I knew nothing about MSC Cruise lines so I did a lot of research and found many negative comments and some excellent ones. The dates worked out so I took the chance and booked my cruise on the Seaview, purchasing an interior cabin on the 10th deck. I purchased a welcome bottle of prosecco and the All inclusive drink package.

I found MSC's website a tad confusing and lacking on detailed information. After much reading on this site it made things somewhat more clear. I had even conflicting information when I called the company! I was nervous about going on a new ship (possible delays, mechanical issues etc) and on a new line for me. After reading so many posts about MSC and the Yacht Club, I upgraded to the Yacht Club Interior Accessible cabin, 18033. They cancelled and refunded my prosecco and drink package as YC comes with the All Inclusive Deluxe package (very confusing as MSC told me on the phone it was a different package).

My heart crashed when I read online that the ship delivery was being delayed, but thankfully for me it was only the first cruise that was effected. I was on the second. The big day arrived and I was so excited. I arrived in Messina from Catania by train and walked to the port, which was not far, but wow it was hot! I was so VERY disappointed that the port of Messina would not even allow us to go into the terminal to wait to board! There was everyone waiting to board sitting on their luggage on the sidewalk in the very hot sun, looking like a bunch of refugees! I had to wait for about 2 hours and it was getting so hot it was very uncomfortable. I went to the cafe immediately across the road, which was not yet open and thankfully there were some table and seats under the umbrellas. I knew the port terminal was not the biggest or fanciest but not to let people in was totally unacceptable. It was open for passengers disembarking or going of ship to sight see.

Yacht Club Inside Stateroom

Cabin YIN

Cabin was spacious and well laid out, the finishes were very nice and clean. The TV was huge and the telephone was excellent and even has video. The closet was small but usable, and the tiny safe should be on the top shelf so you do not have to crouch to get to it. Only little issue is in the shower, the vent should be more powerful has after even a short shower all the marble floor ,walls and mirror were wet.

11 Helpful Votes