3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
This is our fifth cruise on the Queen Mary 2 and this last trip was 63 days long and I really think they have lost sight on what sort of ship they are trying to have. Refinement seems to have disappeared and has been replaced with indifference. There is no contact in Sydney and speaking to someone in the Phillipines about a problem in Brisbane could not be resolved as the person on the other end of the phone was clueless where Brisbane even was. We were promised to be emailed on two occasions before we left in March and are still waiting. The food and service was anywhere between 2 to 10 out of 10 and not consistent. Queuing to get off the boat took hours and many people had walking sticks. I could go on and on with the problems we had. We used to love being on the Queen Mary but many of the staff could not have cared if they served us preferring to chat amongst themselves. Others bent over backwards to help. We missed Darwin because of a cyclone which was totally understandable but then missed Bali because of a religious holiday. Surely they knew about it before they worked out their itinerary. We also missed Naples and Brunei. We have also booked for this August on the other two Queens so at least our expectations are very low. They are now not sure if they can cater for my gluten free diet although we are now platinum members- over 100 days with them- so am hoping I do not get sick. There is no one to contact. They have our tier wrong on our personaliser and have told us for 4 weeks that it has been fixed. Still not fixed. Their idea of telling us things we want to hear rather than fixing things is unreal. There is no attention to detail. Very dissatisfied especially considering the cost

What has happened to Cunard.—— 63 days Sydney to Southampton

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by Boges

• Sail Date: March 2018
  • Destination: Trans-Ocean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony, sheltered

The food and service was anywhere between 2 to 10 out of 10 and not consistent.

Queuing to get off the boat took hours and many people had walking sticks.

I could go on and on with the problems we had.

There is no one to contact.

There is no attention to detail.

Very dissatisfied especially considering the cost
Boges’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Mary 2 (QM2) price drops

Balcony, sheltered
Cabin BZ 4125
The cabin was ok but the wardrobe is impossible
I prefer the walk n wardrobe they have on the Emerald Princess
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins