Star Princess Cruise Review

Beautiful scenery and wildlife

Star Princess Cruise Review by torontocruiser67

• Sail Date: Jun 2018
  • Destination: Alaska

After the wonderful reviews of Alaska we heard from fellow cruisers on our South American cruise last January, we decided we had to go. Embarkation was a breeze. The Horizon Court buffet always seemed to have something tasty to eat. The food in the Capri dining room was good but not as good as the food I had on my last Princess cruise (although the fettuccine Alfredo was delicious as usual). Had lots of fun at the Grand Casino. Went to several enrichment lectures which were interesting. The night time entertainment was lacking. Movies under the stars didn’t work well as it was still light out until 11pm and therefore difficult to see the screen. Captain Michele Tuvo was the best captain I’ve had on a cruise. He is always smiling and I had the pleasure of chatting with him in an elevator. The Captain’s Circle party was fun with plenty of drinks and canapés. Captain Tuvo was there to greet us and shake our hand as we arrived. Previous cruises the Captain showed up on stage and did not mingle with the guests. Lastly, I loved how he ended his updates on the PA system with a cute “bye,bye”.

The views of the glaciers were spectacular. The Captain manoeuvred the ship so both sides had equal viewing. Saw lots of whales, eagles, sea lions, otters, dolphins. My husband saw bears twice but I missed them. ☹️ Our room steward, Christian, was great. Overall our balcony room was good. Disembarkation was easy. Fun trip

torontocruiser67's Full Rating Summary

Whale Watching

Whale watching was excellent. Orcas in the wild! Afterwards, we went to an Alaskan Salmon Bake. Food was incredible! Plus there was a waterfall, gold panning, roasting marshmallows and entertainment!

View All 906 Whale Watching Reviews
Gold Panning

Got separated from my group and almost missed the lunch. The gold panning was fun but they want you to buy expensive jewelry or cases to put your gold in.

View All 69 Gold Panning Reviews