3. Norwegian Getaway
My pre-cruise research pointed out the entertainment of NCL`s Getaway to be first rate. I wanted a Western Caribbean cruise as I`d done the Eastern Caribbean on NCL`s Dawn in Jan 2018; so Getaway was my choice. The entertainment on Getaway is superb ! From a pianist, Walisson Melo performing tunes from Beethoven to Scott Joplin, (including Sir Elton John !) to the Million Dollar Quartet, I had a wonderful cruise. The sea days were welcome as I was able to relax after my shore excursions [Mayan ruins at Tulum and at Chacchoben (Costa Maya)]. Oh, another great performance worth seeing (although there was a cost associated with it) was Cirque Dreams - a captivating combination of acrobatics, comedy, dance preceded by a three course dinner. Comedy : There were two comedians on board performing at separate times at the Headliners club. The pedigree of these comics included appearances on late night television and their humor was both topical and kept the crowd laughing. On the nights when the comics were not performing in Headliners, there was a "dueling pianos" piano show. There were three pianists performing guest requests from 60`s rock and roll to current hits. There were no tunes the performers couldn`t play. Fellow guests also provided much humor and jocularity. The Atrium was the scene of many belly laughs as fellow cruisers participated in "game shows" such as the Battle of the Sexes, Lip Sync War, and The Newlywed or Not-so-newlywed game. Thanks, fellow cruiser. You were fantastic as well as talented ! Oh, one final note. The dancers of Burn the Floor were superb ! The music, the moves, the choregraphy and the dance outfits were "top shelf" ! It is appearent that NCL has the right contacts for finding the right talent and the right mix of entertainers. Thanks for the Memories !

Excellent entertainment!

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by 70 Mach 1

Thanks for the Memories !
70 Mach 1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Inside Stateroom
Cabin IX 13613
Compact but I don`t spend much time in my cain except to recharge my battery and my electronics` batteries. A quiet inside cabin. I experienced no disturbances from other cruisers. My cabin was located towards the aft, convenient to the Garden Cafe.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Chacchoben Mayan Ruins
    Great excursion; I`m glad that I booked this one. The ruins are compact and an easy walk. The site has enought tree vegation to prevent one from being uncomfortable in the heat. Our guide (Maria ?) was of Mayan descent and was very knowledgable and informative.
    It is appearant to me that NCL shore expeditions have the more knowlegible and experienced guides.
    View All 348 Chacchoben Mayan Ruins Reviews
  • Mayan Ruins
    Visited Tulum site. It was about a 50 minute ride from the coastal town of Playa del Carmen. Had to take a ferry from port on island of Cozumel but that was part of the fun. The ruins of Tulum are on the coast and have a beautiful view and beach. It
    View All 372 Mayan Ruins Reviews
  • Harvest Caye
    A good stop to decompress. Clean beaches. A Good zipline.
    View All 1,133 Harvest Caye Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Harvest Caye Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    Ed on the Big Bus tour knew his city and its` history. The tour bus was a double-decker (think London).
    View All 138 City Tour Reviews