3. Norwegian Bliss
I had heard pretty good things about NCL, but during our trip, there were far too many negatives. I would have a very hard time sailing this cruise line ever again. I used the port valet service to supposedly get my bag safely from the port of Seattle to the airport. My bag never arrived at my final destination and was a nightmare of an experience trying to find it. I never did get my bag and no one had any clue how to locate it. I was even hung up on by a gentleman name Jason (part of the port staff). I am so deeply upset and disappointed by the lack of communication and how the process was handled. The system is seriously flawed and this is unacceptable. Also- not impressed with any of the food on this cruise line. They sell you on a “freestyle cruise experience”, but it was just too standard and there were no special experiences or good dining choices. All of the meals tasted like they were being mass produced. In regards to the activities & onboard entertainment - The fact that you have to sign up for everything and reserve in a hectic panic when you first get on board, makes cruising so unenjoyable. If you did not sign up right away, then you missed the opportunity to do all of the activities (Laser tag, go karts, shows, dining times, etc.) Because the boat was fairly new, everything was in good condition - well decorated boat. The rooms were standard. We had a mini-suite with balcony (connecting rooms). It was nice to be close to our other family members on board. The bathrooms were larger than other ships we have been on, so that was a nice feature. I do think the beverage package is worth it on the cruise- this was our first time having done that, and I think it was a good value. We were overall very disappointed. We miss the good old days of cruising, with a slightly smaller ship, and more of a personalized experience!

Not Impressed with Cruise, Just with Views!

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by Kakollock

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony (Connecting Stateroom)

Kakollock’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3
Ages 3 to 6
Ages 7 to 9
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony (Connecting Stateroom)
Cabin M8 9236
The rooms were nice, boat is still new. The bathrooms were larger than any other boat we had been on. The balcony is a necessity when cruising, especially through Alaska, so I highly recommend.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins