3. Norwegian Pearl
This was our first cruise. We are a family of 5 (kids 17, 15, and 11) and in laws. Our outside rooms were better than expected (balcony, inside and window). Food was decent in buffet and often good in sit down restauarants. There was plenty of variety. KIds didn't do kids club - they preferred communal activities offered on the ship. Rock wall was decent but bowling alley was a joke. Hubby and I opted for the spa passes which we really enjoyed. Never crowded and we used it for some "alone" time from the family. Entertainment was generally decent. It's not Vegas but met our expectations. Enjoyed the dance classes and my 15 y o even performed in the staff talent show which thrilled her. Cruise director was a blast (although his last cruise). Favorite lounge was Stardust. Right in bow and usually not too crowded. We did a few tours through the ship for timings sake -helicopter walkabout while expensive was thrilling. Lumber jack show and Saxman village was something all ages could do although show was a 10 minute walk which caused some stress and cost for the in laws as they are not mobile and had to take a cab. Shouldn't all ship run excursions leave from dock? We did a Wilderness safari (boat, short hike, motorized canoe to galcier)i in Skagway and a ghost tour in Victoria on our own. Loved being able to have our luggage go straight to the airport for free upon disembarkation. The only thing we really didn't like was: 1. that as a family of 7, we often had trouble finding seats together at the buffet as 2 people would sit in the booths that fit 5 or more. Simple signage saying - "reserved for parties of 4 of more" might at least shame some of these people into sitting at a table more appropriate for thier party size. 2. Disembarcation - people in wheelchairs were allowed to take their WHOLE PARTY in front of everyone else down the gangway. There were literally groups of 10 and 12 walking by us as my elderly in laws stood in line. It should be limited to 2 people to assist in transfer. It was amazing how many people suddenly needed wheelchairs when you saw almost none on board. Hmmm... 3. My email link to review the ship directly w NCL did not work in any browser so I emailed them 2 x to get a working link w no response. Feels like they really dont want feedback.

Great choice for Alaska

Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Pearl price drops

Balcony
Cabin BX 8526
good size. clean. steward was ok. Cabin 8562 was window beween two life boats so still OK view. 8535 inside was functional at best but steward was very good to my 3 messy, late sleeping kids
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins