3. Grandeur of the Seas
My husband chose this cruise to celebrate our 20th anniversary. We splurged and booked a junior suite (7656) because I had always wanted an aft balcony. Getting the Port of Baltimore was an easy 15 minute drive (we used Uber) and both embarkation and debarkation were a breeze! The Grandeur is an older ship, however the entertainment and activities staff provided a lot for everyone to enjoy. We were not traveling with our children, so it met our needs. However, our previous cruise had been on Freedom OTS and I feel as though our children would've become restless on this ship. I can't speak to the children and teen programming, but by day 7, kids were launching their sea pass cards down the stairs for entertainment. My point is that this ship is fine for adults, but doesn't have the amenities for kids (mini golf, ice skating, etc.) that your children may be accustomed to...especially on such a long sailing (9 nights). The ship is older and definitely showing signs of rust, etc. However, the ship was very clean. Our cabin steward, Randy, was one of the highlights of our cruise. He seemed to be working around the clock! We are tidy people and he kept our cabin in perfect condition. Since we were in a junior suite, we received shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, and lotions. I'm picky about what I use on my hair, but I loved the products which helped to tame my frizz. Randy kept us well stocked with those! The balcony had a table and chairs as well as two lounge chairs. I enjoyed taking one of my bed pillows out and napping on the balcony. My only true complaint is that the night before we arrived in Coco Cay, I was laying on a lounge chair when something dark began to "rain" down on me. I spoke to Randy about it the next day and he told me it was ash from the incinerator. This became a daily occurrence for the remainder of the cruise. I would use a beach towel to clean off the chairs and sweep of the balcony. I saw Randy doing this in other staterooms, but didn't want to ask him to do it because the man literally worked around the clock. Food in the Great Gatsby wasn't anything to write home about, but we took advantage of some promotions and ate at Chops twice and Giovanni's Table once. Both were worth the surcharge. The service was excellent and I preferred the intimate setting. Activities were a lot of fun and all three comedians were great. We saw one stage production and it was well done. I did take advantage of the Pamper Party promotion and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I get massages on a monthly basis at home and this massage was wonderful. We did the mountain biking and beach break in Bermuda and the Balmoral Beach Break in Nassau. Both were very small groups (which we prefer and is usually why we don't book excursions through the ship) and enjoyable. The second day in Bermuda, we traveled to and from Horseshoe Bay Beach by minibus, which was convenient and inexpensive. The beach was beautiful and so were the life guards. Seriously, it was like an episode of Baywatch! LOL!!! We were excited to actually visit Coco Cay. On a previous cruise, we were unable to tender due to sea conditions, so we were thankful that we were able to make this port. We rented an umbrella and a float for the day. It was very relaxing and the floating bar was a lot of fun. I appreciated the natural beauty of the island and I'm a little sad that they are adding the water park, etc., as that may detract from the serene setting. Would I go on this cruise again? Absolutely. It was very relaxing and just what we were looking for.

20th Anniversary to Bermuda

anne.brumlevestaley’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

Junior Suite
Cabin J3 7656
Cabin was lovely and well maintained by our cabin steward, Randy. Loved the bigger shower and the products provided.
Pros: large, private balcony
Cons: once they start using the incinerator, the balcony is covered in black ash
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins