3. Independence of the Seas
We booked this cruise after a great experience last year on Navigator - unfortunately, whilst not awful, this holiday failed to meet expectations. Boarding was painless, and the cabin, 7408 was at the stern and had a really spacious balcony. However, the overall feeling throughout the two weeks was one of being in an overcrowded environment - I understand the the recent refurbishment has added a significant number of staterooms. As a result, we frequently struggled to find seating in the Windjammer, both at breakfast and lunch, and the announcements asking us to leave after eating were annoying in the extreme. After paying what we paid, if I want to sit for a while after my meal, then I will! Food in the Windjammer was on a par with a factory canteen, and whilst there was a wide selection, it was all pretty poor. Evening meals in the dining room were excellent, and the service great. Overall the service was not great - I got the impression that the staff were really overstretched, and tired people can be offhand. The entertainment was pretty poor - that's just my opinion, but it is a fact that the shows were overcrowded. People were waiting to get into Grease over 90 minutes before the show, so we didn't see it. Every night, the seats were full well before the shows, and people had to stand in order to see them. Overall, I got the impression of a greedy company, more interested in squeezing maximum profit than providing a great experience. We won't be going on this ship again.

Not good enough

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review by Suttonwolf

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

Evening meals in the dining room were excellent, and the service great.

Suttonwolf’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 5D 7804
Good cabin, excellent balcony. Highly recommended.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins