Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Beachgirl370

• Sail Date: Jun 2018
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class 1

I chose this cruise for two reasons, I liked the ports and I had cruised with Celebrity one one other cruise about 12 years ago and thought they were top of the line after cruising on many other cruise lines.

The ports did not disappoint me, all were worth seeing and fairly easy to manage considering a taxi was needed or a shuttle to get into town.

The ship was a disappointment compared to my other experience with celebrity and may be true with other cruise lines too. They are big, 3000 people all crammed onto the ship that appears to cater to the more elite cruisers evidenced by bars and restaurants only for the suite class cruisers. I counted 12 bars and about 5-7 speciality restaurants that appeared to be empty at times with cover charges around $45 and up.

Although these differences appear small, it’s the constant commercializing pushing future cruises, selling and promoting everything you can imagine except giving you options on enjoying your vacation. The ships layout was odd, no more spectacular atriums because they need room for bars and more bars and of course with all those people come more elevators. A huge casino that never seemed to be used or busy I would of like to see that space with a sitting area with windows to look out at the ocean.

I’ve been n at least 12-15 cruises and this was the last cruise with celebrity even my dinner mates all agreed the last night. Not sure what they are trying to offer as a cruise line but it does not fit my idea of a relaxing vacation. Sad but true.

Beachgirl370's Full Rating Summary

Concierge Class 1
Cabin C1 1676

Our cabin was nice, it had a rock hard couch that you couldn’t sit on for very long and was torn on the corner of the arm. Bed was comfortable and the deck was nice with comfortable chairs and foot rests. Bathroom was a nice size and the shower was bigger than average.

Rome (Civitavecchia)

Rome was a huge city, we went 3days early to recover from jet lag. Lots to do, we did a hop on and off bus.

La Spezia (Cinque Terre)

Take the train and go early to stop at each village, cost is about $25 euros and worth it.

A lot of hilly climbs, some shuttles but mostly walking ..the views are spectacular.

My favorite port.

It was ok nice to have 2 hours in nice shopping then 3 hours in Monico which was too long, not enough to do.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Palma de Mallorca (Majorca)

One of my favorites, find a beach by asking a taxi they are everywhere. We took one was $20 euros one way the beach was clear water and not crowded. I would suggest google the name so you can tell them where you want to go. Beach chairs and umbrellas are cheap like $12. Restaurants everywhere on the beaches and restrooms. We found a boat ride that went along the coast for two hours, wonderful and $21 euros..worth it.

Beachgirl370