3. Viking Sun
I have always wanted to see the Fjords and I think the best way to do them is on a ship. But we had never cruised before as we didn’t fancy being on a large, glitzy ship. We saw Jane McDonalds programme on the Viking Sky and loved the decor. The vast majority of the passengers were American. Although I believe there were a few Brits on board, we never found them. The ship is beautifully light and spacious. It was easy to find quiet corners. The cabin was large and very well appointed, with an excellent shower room. The bed was extremely comfortable and the cabin was very quiet. The steward did a great job of cleaning. The restaurants were all excellent with a wide choice of menus. The staff throughout the ship were unfailingly friendly, helpful and professional. The optional (paid for) shore excursions were very expensive and not, in our opinion, good value for money. But I have one major complaint. The ship was freezing due to excessive air conditioning.For The first half of the cruise we had cold and very wet conditions and, having been on shore excursions and getting cold and wet, the last thing you want is to board a freezing cold ship. Even when the weather improved all the public areas were subject to blasts of extremely cold air. We complained to guest services, restaurant managers and anybody who would listen. All the passengers we chatted to agreed with us. Surely one doesn’t expect to have to wear outdoor jackets or warm sweaters in the restaurants? So, to sum up, a fabulous ship in every way apart from the temperature. It really spoiled our enjoyment.

Agressive air conditioning!