3. Ovation of the Seas
We chose this cruise as an interesting initial itinerary attracted our attention. Unfortunately Boracay was changed due to its closure but we decided to continue anyway. The alternative port was Subic Bay was did not have very much to offer close by. I wouldn't really recommend Subic Bayu as a destination (nothing to do there) although the local people were very friendly. If you do go there try the Crab and Belly restaurant - excellent food at an excellent price. It was a shame that the port visits coincided with a level 1 typhoon warning which basically meant it rained heavily but giving into being wet made the excursions easier. At the completion of the cruise we took up the day tour and airport drop off option which saved considerable angst about what to do with luggage. This cruise was perhaps 85% Asian and despite some subsequent complaints I have heard about that, I found there were no problems or issues in fact it added to the adventure of the cruise. The food was primarily and understandably aimed at that demographic so I took the opportunity to explore the wider than usual food options available. The entertainment was excellent, even though the shows were the same as when we originally sailed on Ovation.

Hong Kong and back via the Philippines

Mala56’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Ovation of the Seas price drops

Obstructed Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 2E 7514
the cabin was as expected and the round surroundings of the balcony didn't really impede out view. We would take an obstructed view balcony again if the price was right.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins