3. Island Princess
We wanted to go to Alaska and saw the Princess was one of the best to travel with. The cruise and ports of call were great and the itinerary was perfect. The ship is a bit older must still well maintained. The cabins were surprisingly nice and very comfortable based on other lines I have cruised with (first time Princess cruise for us). The food was good in both the dining room and the buffet. The entertainment was good but somewhat repetitive at times. We didn't travel with kids and didn't see many on the cruise itself. We did sit with one teenager during dinner who said there about forty something "youth" on the ship. We noticed really quickly that the crowd on this cruise was mostly retired. In total, I think we ran into ten other couples that were in their 20-40's. However, the good thing about a cruise for an older crowd is they are not rowdy and I never say anyone get out of control which I have seen on plenty of other cruises. I would definitely do princess cruises again, but not a land excursion which we did not enjoy with them. Mostly because the hotels provided were not comfortable or what I would even call suitable (Denali Princess Lodge and Westmark Fairbanks).

Very good cruise to Alaska

acarbajal003’s Full Rating Summary
Get Island Princess price drops

Oceanview
Cabin OE P624
The cabin was surprisingly spacious, clean and comfortable. The bed was so soft which was a big plus.
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins

• Wildlife Tour
    What a great little city to visit. Made it really easy to get out and find the wildlife. We saw 2 separate moms and her cubs (6 bears total). The city is really small, so there isn't much to do. Its actually a good walk from the ship to the city which is the only downside.
    View All 64 Wildlife Tour Reviews
  • Best of Juneau
    This was the biggest city we stopped at and it had a lot to do/see. We did the best of Juneau which included whale watching, mendenhall glacier and a salmon bake. I would recommend just doing the whale watching. On the whale watch we saw several families of orcas as well as 2 hump backs along with other wildlife. This was the best spot for spotting sealife.
    View All 49 Best of Juneau Reviews