3. Celebrity Infinity
Travelled out of Vancouver. The embarkation went smooth but within 2 minutes of getting on the ship, we had a customer service representative hovering over us trying to sell us beverage packages. He misrepresented the Classic package as the Standard package and pressured us to upgrade. We had a group of 4. I told him we would like some time to think about it and he stood right next to our table and kept chiming in as we were discussing. We weren't able to go to our room at that time because the safety orientation was about to start so we ended up sitting in silence until he finally left us alone. It certainly felt like they were getting commission for beverage package sales. Once the safety orientation was over we went to our room. The cabins were nice but a bit small compared to other ships, but our stateroom attendant was wonderful. So pleasant and accommodating. We ended up upgrading our beverage package but honestly the classic package would have been just fine. The service at the bars were good but they tailored to the gold card members. You would be standing in line and should have been the next one up to order and they would skip over you. Maybe that's a perk of that level of card but they would be better off having a gold card only bar if that's the case. One day we were waiting at the bar for probably over 5 minutes while one bartender was chatting away with some customers at the other end of the counter and he had actually walked away from the bar before he took our order. Don't know where he went but we ended up leaving before he ever came back. It seemed like none of the oceanview café workers enjoyed being there. They all walked around grumpy and had no desire to have interaction with the guests. One server rolled her eyes at me when I asked for a coffee and baileys. The dining room, Trellis, was amazing though. The portions were perfect and the food was excellent! Best French Onion Soup I've ever had! Service was great in the dining room. Customer Service / Guest Relations / Shore Excursions desk was very unpleasant. They randomly charged my credit card mid way through the cruise which closed my account (therefore I couldn't use my card for this "amazing" beverage package this guy sold us). It took me 3 hours at guest relations to get this sorted out. I went through 4 representatives and missed that evening's dinner and show and not one of them apologized for the inconvenience or did anything to make up for it. I told them I wanted the charges off my card and their response was "well aren't you going to pay for everything via credit card at the end of the cruise? What does it matter if it went through early?" (Fact is, I had already done the exchange rate into cash prior and to use that to settle my account at the end of the trip). It was a nightmare. None of them took accountability for their error and couldn't why I was upset. The shore excursions were nice but none of the tickets matched up to the signs on the pier so it was a little chaotic finding the right shore excursion. Finally, there were some good parts of the cruise! The Cruise Director Luigi was awesome. He kept everyone busy all day and was very personable! The silent disco was a lot of fun! Should have that on every cruise...it was a big hit! Uptown performed at the theatre on the first night and they were great! Got the whole crowd moving. Loved their show! Overall, the views and the trip to Alaska was good but I would recommend trying a different cruise line. Every line will have entertainment and good dining. It's the service (or lack thereof) that sets them apart. Cheers.

Customer Service was Poor

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by cruisetw

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Family Ocean View with Balcony
Travelled out of Vancouver.

Cheers.
cruisetw’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Infinity price drops

• Whale Watching
    Haley was our guide from Gatineau Guiding. She was so passionate about her job and loved sharing the experience with us. Lucky to have had her as our guide.
    View All 841 Whale Watching Reviews