3. Azamara Journey
I just took my first cruise on the Azamara Journey and was highly impressed with the ship, crew, food, and friendliness of the passengers. I had received an extremely good deal on an obstructed ocean view cabin and luckily was able to select cabin 6036, which is between lifeboats and thus not very obstructed. I was pleasantly surprised how well laid out this cabin was and it was totally acceptible for one person with alot of closet space. The bed was extremely comfortable and the pillows were soft and easy to sleep on. I enjoyed the smaller ship experience and how friendly the passengers and crew were. The service was exceptional and the food was much better than other, larger ships I have been on. I liked the way the buffet was arranged at dinner with tablecloths and candles, so you felt like you were in a restaurant rather than a cafeteria setting. The ship tours were more expensive but they were much smaller than other ships, with an average participation of about 12-15 persons per tour. It was simple to get on and off the ship and particularly convenient to be docked closer to the ports. I booked several other cruises on Azamara because I felt the higher cost of the line was definitely worth the enhanced experience. It is especially good for solo travelers as Azamara seems to cater to those traveling alone, and the passengers are so friendly and welcoming to everyone.

Fantastic Cruise Aboard the Azamara Journey

Azamara Journey Cruise Review by ptrpanpens

ptrpanpens’s Full Rating Summary

Club Oceanview Stateroom (obstructed view)
Cabin 08 6036
This cabin is smaller than the normal ocean view cabins and has a partially obstructed view, but you can still see out completely because the lifeboats are on either side of the window. The closet space is great and I found it fine for one person, although it might be a little crowded for two.

I booked it again for some future cruises as I was very pleased wih the value of the room compared to higher priced cabins.
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins