3. Carnival Glory
Our previous three cruises had been with Royal Caribbean (the first two being great and the third not very impressive), so we decided to try Carnival based on my sister's recommendation.

For starters, my wife and I got a great seniors discount so that we could afford a balcony. Plus the cruise offered Grand Turk, a location we hadn't visited before.

The Glory is one of the older ships and I guess one could say average size. It has a warmth that some of the larger ships we've been on in the past lacked.

The cruise was fantastic. The cabin was just fine, the room service first rate all the way. The dinners were excellent. The food was fabulous. No complaints on any of the nights. There was always a nice selection to choose from and it was only supreme discipline that prevented me from totally over-eating at dinner. Our servers were two of the nicest servers we had ever had on any of the cruises. Both of them were charming, helpful, classy and very funny.

Breakfasts and lunches in the dining room were average. I preferred the buffet selections on the Lido Deck. Great selection that always felt fresh. I especially liked the deli and Oriental booths. And 24-hour pizza and ice cream - a dream come true!!!

The nightly entertainment was good if you like song and dance. I preferred going to the comedy room to watch the stand-up comedy. We got a chance to see all four of the comics that were featured that week and were impressed with three of them.

Grand Turk was the highlight port of call for us. Just beautiful. Great beach, with lots of chairs provided.

Nassau was lovely even though the day was a bit cloudy. We took a taxi to Atlantis then strolled to the beach and played in the waves. The water was delightfully warm.

Megan's Bay in St. Thomas afforded a wonderful day at the beach. It seemed to us that the beach had been cleaned up since the last time we were there three years ago.

We did get off the boat at San Juan and made it to the street. It was pouring rain that day, and to us San Juan is just another city, so we just got back on the boat and put on a few more pounds up on the Lido deck!

Another nice touch is that Carnival provides nice big beach towels in addition to the regular towel selection for the rooms as well as terrycloth robes for the guests. Very nice especially when Florida goes into a cold snap!!

We were very impressed at how efficiently Carnival got on on and off the boat at the beginning and end of the cruise. We had never experienced such smooth and quick embarkation.

All in all, a great cruise and we will definitely be going Carnival on our next cruise.

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Carnival Glory Cruise Review by alangee

alangee’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Balcony cabin wonderful. Just the right size. Only problem, too many people around us were smoking.
  Carnival Glory Deck Plans