3. Diamond Princess
I don't mind a night at a Holiday Inn or Days Inn while on the road, but a 12 day cruise in that category is way too much. When the carrots and peas are on the salad buffet instead of those small corn things and water chestnuts, you know you are in trouble. In a word, the food was CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP QUALITY TOO.. They did have smoked salmon (lox to us), but that was hidden away and I had to ask for it (too expensive to put out). The cruise was NOT marketed to US audience as two back to back cruises (six days each) and for a Japanese passenger. 95% of the passengers were Japanese with everything (including the ship) retrofitted for them, I wanted to see the culture, but that was more than a little much. 2,000 Japanese on the ship makes for a nightmare. Think 30 of them pushing and shoving trying to squeeze into a 15 person elevator! To their credit, the stewards, servers, and other crew were very nice and helpful. The mechanic showed up to change out our stained and gross toilet right after we called. In general, the ship was as tired as we were after the cruise. It didn't please me that we paid the "US market" price while other passengers paid the greatly discounted prices marketed to their 95% other passengers.

12 DAYS ON A HOLIDAY INN 'RESORT" SHIP

poppyo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Diamond Princess price drops

Premium Balcony
Cabin B4 D306
Good size, but old. Great balcony. Windows dirty. Quiet..Best part was the new TVs.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins