3. Sapphire Princess
We had been to St.Petersburg before, but this cruise covered 2 important dates, our 52nd Wedding Anniversary on the 4th June 2018 and my Birthday on the 11th June 2018. I usually tell people I am 96 years of age , but to be truthful I am not that old. Just bits of me feel that old. We had selected a Mini-Suite mid-ships, which was good, but not great, nothing can compare to a Cunard Suite! and we do like a butler suite, but Princess have stopped having any butlers, don't know why?. The TV's in the cabin had all been changed to large flat screens, we had 2 of them. The one nearest the windows had to be changed, it stopped working and its replacement wasn't prperly installed. Each TV has a modem and each deck on the ship has a server, for TV and presumably WIFI, which had an excellent reception. unfortunately the installers forgot to retune the TV's modems, so although it received TV programs, it wouldn't download on demand films. Also when they had removed the old TVs there must have been shelving. The screw holes for the shelving had just been left as holes, we managed to get them covered, they installed finger bandage stickers!, not push in plastic plugs. The food in the Freedom Dining room was quite good, but the price of their wine was far too high. For basic plonk wine, i.e. the cheapest was around $33-$38 a bottle, and a bottle of water in your cabin cost £3.95 for a 1 litre bottle, absolutely robbery!. But we struggled on, one day the Cruise Director interviewed Shirley Jone, star of Oklahoma and Carousel, after the interview we met up with her and my wife Dodie had a lovely cuddle, Dodie had danced in all these shows. Dodie mentioned to Duke, the Cruise Director that she had taught Tap Dancing on many Princess Ships, he said "would you like to teach on this ship" and of course Dodie said yes. She actually taught 2 classes which were well received, the second class had around 40+ passengers participating abd many have since sent Dodie very nice emails. We didn't use the cruise excursions, each time we stopped, apart from Russia, we hired a local taxi and did our own touring, we highly recommend this method. So we had 4 great events to remember the cruise, birthdays, anniversaries and 2x tap dancing, great can't wait for the next cruise. (September with P&O in a butler suite).

Good food, great stops, wonderful weather

Sapphire Princess Cruise Review by Cha-Cha