3. Carnival Horizon
This was my first and Last cruise with Carnival. My wife and I booked a 4 day cruise with Carnival Horizon from NYC to Bermuda. The check in process took a very long time. Once we finally got to our cabin, I noticed how tiny it was....only one single bed and a couch (in which my wife had to sleep on). The buffet area was always very crowded, many passengers were rude trying to cut in line bumping into us. The food at the buffet was very limited on any given day. On most days there were a couple pasta dishes, a seafood dish, and only once they had boneless chicken (which I had to wait a few minutes for it to be refilled). There was a lot of available seating, but still tough to find a free table at times. Also, the floor area in the buffet area was EXTREMELY slippery and dangerous! The Lido Deck was also a terrible mess. Hundreds of people, and two overcrowded bars including the Red Frog and Blue Iguanna where it took my wife over 15 min just to get a drink. There were way too many passengers and not enough staff at the Lido Deck bars to handle the massive crowds of people. There were two small swimming pools, yet about 4,000 people on our cruise ship so do the math. It was basically impossible to find available seating near the pools and very little room to even take a dip in the pools filled with mostly kids splashing around. Later during our cruise, we found out there was another adult pool near the Havanna Bar on Deck 5, but only open for a couple of hours after 7PM. How much sense does that make?? Now a few positives, aside from the Buffet Staff and Lido Deck Bar staff, the other workers were very friendly. We loved our housekeeper who did an amazing job keeping everything very clean for us. The Dining Room staff, especially the waiters were also amazing! They had a great system in which you grab a reservation ticket on Deck 5 first, then you proceed to the Dining Room on either Deck 3 or 4 and present your ticket for a free 3 Course meal. I will really miss that food and great hospitality. Also, the Comedy Shows were hilarious and a lot of fun. However, make sure you arrive at least 30 min early if you want a seat. There was also some good nightly entertainment including free movies under the stars on the Lido Deck, 80's music event, accoustic guitar performances at the Atrium Bar, Live Latin Music at Havanna Bar, and my favorite was the country music duo band at Guys Pig Anchor Bar (which didn't attract too many people though). They also had karaoke one night next to Internet Cafe, but the wait time to sing was 1 hour and 15 min. They allowed several people to sing twice, without giving newbies a chance. Very poor organization. When we arrived at Bermuda, surprisingly there were no announcements. We only realized it was ok to to exit the boat once we realized how quiet the boat was. At first it took a while to get a public transit bus to take us to Horseshoe Bay Beach, which was gorgeous but extremely packed! We managed to enjoy a few hours at the beach. We also walked around Hamilton, but really nothing worth seeing there. Once we got back to nyc, departing the boat was a nightmare. It took us two hours to get off the boat and go through customs. Lines and more lines while carrying our luggage. Never again! Overall, it was not worth the money we spent to be on an overcrowded boat without being able to do some things because they pack 4,000 people on a boat and not enough staff. No more cruises for me!

My first cruise ever and disappointed

Carnival Horizon Cruise Review by Njrebel1978

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Interior Upper/Lower

Njrebel1978’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Horizon price drops

Interior Upper/Lower
Cabin 1A 9702
See above...also hardly any available TV channels
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins