3. Marella Discovery 2
Our travel agent Thomas Cook recomended this cruise ship. The told us so many things which were actually untrue. We paid for a deluxe Grande suite with a concierge and although the suite was nice the rest was a complete disappointment. When we embarked, there was no one to welcome us on board. We had to ask where to go as new passengers and this was unclear. Eventually we found reception and that was not a great experience. The food in the 47 degree restaurant was so bad we sent it back twice and then decided to eat in the self service restaurant. This was also a hit or a miss. The late night snacks in the inside pool area were great and perfect for a midnight supper. All the staff were great apart from some reception staff. Mareja was always helpful. At the bar on the 9th deck, where smoking is permitted, some of the girl waitresses were dreadful. One told me I couldn't have my drink in a tall glass when I had been having it all day. However, mark, Denni and Romel were wonderful. The live entertainment was good and the comedian was particularly good. The Shows at night started to blend into each other. The first stop was Santorini. Beautiful but very busy as several ships had docked for the day. A good pair of comfortable shoes are required. Overall, captain Chris tried to do a good job but if the food isn't great and apologies for this are only given to people in superior accommodation then his head of restaurants, Antonio needs to review not only his staff but his protocols. I was made aware that their were two deaths on the ship and the pianist was put off the ship for assaulting another entertainment staff member. I rarely saw security, perhaps they need to be more aware of the amount of alcohol being sold. The highlight was visiting Rhodes. A beautiful place and lots to see and buy.

Disappointing cruise. Not worth the money we spent for a special event.

Marella Discovery 2 Cruise Review by Kora4

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Greece

However, mark, Denni and Romel were wonderful.

The highlight was visiting Rhodes. A beautiful place and lots to see and buy.
Kora4’s Full Rating Summary