3. Regal Princess
The Good -Clean and well maintained ship and cabins. -Friendly crew. -Elegant sit down dinners with good food. -Expensively decorated ship. -Generally rather sedate older moneyed passengers. This is not a Carnival cruise. Needs Improvement -Not great value for the money in my opinion. A pleasant cruise but really impressive in very few ways. -Our cabin was VERY noisy, so we could not sleep from 6 a.m. on. The noise insulation between cabins must simply be substandard despite the expensive look of the ship. -Buffet meals had a wide variety, but the food was pretty much the same variety day after day. The quality was decent but not much above that. Very little excited or really impressed. Also, they use plastic tea and soup cups and plastic ladles which leach chemicals into the hot liquid which the passengers eat. -Former free sauna replaced by incredibly expensive Spa ($150). -Very/Incredibly expensive charges for anything not included. We were left to our own devices to get from the port to downtown using a new money and unfamiliar transportation system. Princess did not help us unless we paid for their overpriced tours. They offered a tour of the crew´s quarters for $150!!! -Despite the expensive decoration in the ship I personally found the dominant tone of brown/beige to not be my favourite, and I did not like some of the of the decorative details which seemed to be inelegant. -Entertainment quality was very irregular from cheap filler stuff to well-done performances. I would have liked to have seen more consistent quality at this price range. The theater tended to get very full and it could be hard to get a seat with popular shows. All entertainment ends at midnight at the latest. This is not a party ship, but since most have to wake up early for port days, there really is not a lot of time or energy left in the evening for much festivities. This is a go to bed early, wake up early type of cruise. -Workers are so busy that they rarely have time to talk much with the passengers. -Not enough elevators leading to overly long waits during all but quiet periods. -In Stockholm, one of the most important stops, the we had to be back at 1:30 pm, which cut out day visit to the city in half. Helsinki ended at 3:30 pm. In Sum Pleasant journey with Princess, but at this price range I would expect more. It is as if Princess management decided to make it nice enough (good enough) but rarely more than that. While there was not much that was bad, very few times was I really impressed with anything that they did. If someone were to treat me to another Princess cruise I would happily accept, but I do not see it as value for money on my own dime.

Pleasant cruise, but expensive and little stands out as excellent.

Regal Princess Cruise Review by kaunas

The Good

-Clean and well maintained ship and cabins.

-Friendly crew.

-Elegant sit down dinners with good food.

-Expensively decorated ship.

Needs Improvement

-Former free sauna replaced by incredibly expensive Spa ($150).

In Sum

kaunas’s Full Rating Summary
Get Regal Princess price drops

Cabin B221
The cabin was clean and in good condition. However, the beige color scheme is not much to my taste. The way the cabin is set up with a separate closet section makes the room seem smaller than it really is. The noise from 6 am on, with knocking, banging, bumping, slamming, etc. did not let us sleep. Once we finally complained to management, it improved noticeably, but still was not really quiet. I simply think that the cabins are not adequately sound insulated, so bothersome noise is going to happen, and the only real solution is to rip out the walls and repair the insulation...and that is not going to happen, so we are stuck with it. But, if it happens to you, you should complain to the management first thing and they will try to reduce it to the best of their ability.
  Regal Princess Deck Plans