3. Serenade of the Seas
My wife and I decided to go on the 7 Night Scandinavia And Russia Cruise. It was awesome!!! The ship, while a little on the dated side, was clean and the crew was fantastic. We had an Aft facing Cabin on Deck 8 and it was very nice. As ours was on a corner (8168), we had a little bigger balcony. There is plenty of storage in the cabin. Our TV had issues, but they worked to get it fixed quickly. The bathroom is small but bigger than I expected. We did "My Time" dining but only ate in the Reflection dining room on the Formal Nights and one breakfast. If you want to wear a tux, I recommend renting on from RC prior to the cruise. No need to pack one. The meals in the Reflection was very good. I think they could have added a little more variety, but what we had was very tasty. The service for dinners was fantastic. They even brought us out a special dessert for our anniversary!!!! The breakfast in the Reflection was not very good. They throw you at a table and the service was very, very slow. When we got our food it was not very warm. The rest of our dinners were in the Windjammer, which was very good as buffets go. My wife figured out that Room Service is very cheap ($9.50)!! We ended up doing Room Service for our breakfasts which helped on Excursion days. We spent quite a few evenings in the Pub. They had excellent service and one of my favorite beers. The singer most nights did requests and we did a lot of sing alongs with the rest of the audience. We did watch one show in the main theater. It was nice but not memorable. Excursions were very good. The only one that was disappointing was in Stockholm. Due to the drought they were having we could not go into the canals (not RC fault). So we just cruised around the main channel. The tour guide did a great job. We then were supposed to take a bus tour of old town, but due to construction, we ended up sitting in traffic. Very disappointed. The Tallinn Old Town and Beer tour is very good. They mark it as "Strenuous" but it is not for us mid 50 year olds. Saint Petersburg was very good. We did the Grand Petersburg and Hermitage. We were lucky as we were the second tour into the Hermitage that day. Saw a lot of the city and they take you shopping at a big tourist trap place. Prices were good though, but get in line early to pay and stand your ground. A lot of line cutting. Helsinki was also good. We did the Town Tour and Ice Bar. Both were great. All in all, if I had to do it over again, I would do Stockholm on our own but the others were good to be on a tour (it is required in Saint Petersburg unless you have a tourist visa). Getting on and off the boat was very easy. Embarkation Day, we had a very smooth experience, but don't expect your bag brought to your cabin. Ours were way down the corridor from our cabin. We had very little issues on Excursions days getting on and off the boat. We only had one long line and that was in Saint Petersburg. On our return to Copenhagen, things went so smoothly, we were off the boat and in a cab in about 30 minutes. I highly recommend having your bags handled going off the ship (unless you are traveling light). The elevators are packed so you have to lug everything down stairs. We only had to go from 8 to 4 to our waiting area and then down to two but it was still a workout lugging our small bags. I was very pleased with this cruise. We are going on a Christmas Cruise with RC on the Jewel of the Seas. We are looking forward to it.

Great Baltic Adventure!!!

svandermeulen’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas price drops

Spacious Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 2B 8168
Cabin was very nice. We had an aft-facing cabin. It was good on this cruise but I could see where it would be hot to sit out there on a warm climate cruise. It was great star gazing. Bathroom was small but bigger than I expected. Plenty of storage (I had to lift the bed to get our bags under it.). We had an issue with the TV but they handled it.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins